Turn on thread page Beta

I'm really really sad . How to get stronger ? watch

ReputationRep:
    You can build muscle, but it depends on how badly you want it. Will it be easy- nope because it's a lot of hard work and watching what you eat but it's not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    You said you 'used to be muscly and athletic' but are now 'porky' yet you claim that your current muscle is slowing you down.

A strange one
    My fat (and whatever muscle remains) weighs me down now, my muscle (and whatever fat there was) weighed me down then.

I'm actually much fitter now than I was then despite losing muscle mass. Bet that triggers you.

ReputationRep:
    Are you working out properly tho? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistletoe)
    My fat (and whatever muscle remains) weighs me down now, my muscle (and whatever fat there was) weighed me down then.

I'm actually much fitter now than I was then despite losing muscle mass. Bet that triggers you.
    Your skeleton probably weighs you down. Should probs try and decrease your bone density :/

ReputationRep:
    Being reasonably tall and slim is the best body type Imo (although I might be a little biased because I'm that way lol) . Ectomorph I believe it's called.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Being reasonably tall and slim is the best body type Imo (although I might be a little biased because I'm that way lol) . Ectomorph I believe it's called.
    I'd like to be taller by 3 inches (so 6ft 3) but not skinny.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

It does trigger as nothing you've said is backed uo by any evidence really (excluding elite long-distance runners which OP is not).

Better than being fat but being built is by far the best. Unfortunately i am not built but that's the aim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Your skeleton probably weighs you down. Should probs try and decrease your bone density :/
    It's all about heart power mate. You can't see that but you can measure it. Just go on a half-marathon and see the lumps of fat that somehow manage to overtake. It happened to me. It's when I realised cardio reigns supreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly person)
    I am a 16 year old boy . I have always been skinny and weak . I work out sooo hard but nothing works . A 12 year old girl beat me .

As well as working out (doing compound exercises like squats and bench press) you have to be eating enough. That's probably the most important thing.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about heart power mate. You can't see that but you can measure it. Just go on a half-marathon and see the lumps of fat that somehow manage to overtake. It happened to me. It's when I realised cardio reigns supreme.
    Love to see a lump of fat overtake on a full marathon.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Friendly person)
    I am a 16 year old boy . I have always been skinny and weak . I work out sooo hard but nothing works . A 12 year old girl beat me .
    Hi,

You need to learn how to eat more; whether that is bigger portions or snacks. Doesn't matter.
    Combine that with lifting and you'll be onto a winner. Have a look at the FAQ

Cyclists are pretty damn muscular too. Sprinting is also very useful?!

Obtaining muscle is universally beneficial to the human body.
    Depends on the cyclist type tbf

i'm going to show you my trump card anyway.

the only way for a tapeworm to survive is to make eggs in the muscle of its host and hope that host gets eaten by a predator. if they can infect the muscle of pigs i see no reason why they can't infect the muscle of humans. more muscle = more homes for nemotode eggs.

where is your god now?
    Many lolz had at this.

Taenia solium has been eradicated in Europe and the US. It is not a not a nematode either, it is a cestode.

Feel free to actually use reason

???

Lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Taenia solium has been eradicated in Europe and the US. It is not a not a nematode either, it is a cestode.
    Plenty of other parasites around though. Found one in my poop a year or so ago after I took a pill for it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

You need to learn how to eat more; whether that is bigger portions or snacks. Doesn't matter.
    Combine that with lifting and you'll be onto a winner. Have a look at the FAQ

Depends on the cyclist type tbf

Many lolz had at this.

Feel free to actually use reason

???

Lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Meant the velodrome cyclists. Tour de france teams are probs skinny?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Plenty of other parasites around though. Found one in my poop a year or so ago after I took a pill for it.
    Good for you, you need to wash your hands more; you picked up a human one

Meant the velodrome cyclists. Tour de france teams are probs skinny?
    Like horrendously so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    Just take steroids if you can't gain any weight.
    So... the guy clearly isn't eating enough to gain weight, and your advice is to take a substance that increases metabolic rate slightly and also increases protein turnover, meaning he'd have to eat more protein to make them work :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be taller by 3 inches (so 6ft 3) but not skinny.
    I didn't say skinny. I said reasonably slim
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    It does trigger as nothing you've said is backed uo by any evidence really (excluding elite long-distance runners which OP is not).

Better than being fat but being built is by far the best. Unfortunately i am not built but that's the aim.
    I disagree. I also think some super built dudes look a bit silly at times, but hey ho.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I disagree. I also think some super built dudes look a bit silly at times, but hey ho.
    Fair. I think imbalances look very odd, like the built upper body with no legs.

However like lean with good muscle mass is very good imo.
    An extreme would be say Anthony Joshua (excluding the mild turtle shell of a stomach he has).

I think you'd find few who would choose a classic 'slim' physique over his but that's just my preference. Never going to get there but i can strive to be the best version of myself and let's see where that gets me

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.