Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you hate PE at school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend were having a discussion about how much we despised it in Year 7-10 what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Because you're fat.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This is ihatePE's kind of thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I use to make fake excuses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Me and my friend were having a discussion about how much we despised it in Year 7-10 what about you?
    I know one tsr user who hates pe more than anyone else

ihatePE

used to, well hate is a bit extreme, i disliked the outdoorsy bits. quite liked badminton and table tennis and cooper runs.

but in hindsight pe was a good way to let some steam off, now i don't really have that luxury
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Yep, it was s*** and the teachers were d****.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      I hated PE with a passion, I can't even express how much anxiety it gave me. We rarely did sports which I actually liked (e.g. badminton), the majority of sports we did were team sports, which really stressed me out
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Depends on what we were doing. I had a really patronising teacher who hated me and honestly the feeling was mutual...damn you Miss Walsh!

ReputationRep:
      No. I despised the whole pe kit strictness, other classmates spoiling it for all, or pe during winter outside without hoodies! I despise the cold, and no amount of running around could get me to warm up enough to enjoy those lessons.

But ihatePE hates pe.

ReputationRep:
      Seemed like a waste of time on a Friday afternoon when I had GCSEs to do! Only decent ones were tennis/badminton but the 'enthusiastic ones' (who didn't go on to do so well in their GCSEs) insisted on football every time and the teachers were useless. A few of us ended up sneaking away to a geography teacher who was free at that time and happy for us to just chill in the classroom.

ReputationRep:
      Year 7-9 I had this teacher who took it too far so I used to hate it and I'm quite athletic if I want to be
      Now (Year 10-11) I like it and will miss not doing it next year

ReputationRep:
      Only enjoyed it in year 10/11 when we didn't have to do what we were told to do in PE and we got to choose who we did PE with... Turned out to be 2 years of playing football... not that any of us took it seriously, well apart from the people we used to play against but we still managed to beat them on the only game to win a trophy!

ReputationRep:
      I used to LOVE P.E. I was always a very active, sporty sort of person anyway so to me it was just time for fun. Was never a huge fan of football though, my heart used to sink whenever the teacher told us that's what we were doing :argh:

ReputationRep:
      Hated it, I use to have my kit in my locker whilst telling them I forgot it at home. 4years later and I still owe them 1hr30mins detention lmaooo
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      i recently had this discussion with my friend and we felt like we dont appreciate enough about not having to do PE ever again (as we're 6th formers). when we came to year 12, the end of pe just felt very normal, no celebrations, no burning of pe kits, no nothing. but since the thought has crossed my mind, i will make a little prayer-like thought about not having to do PE ever again, often.

i also act very smirk when crossing my old pe teacher, bless him, he was nice, the lessons werent.

ReputationRep:
      i didnt like it at the time but in hindsight eh now i'd probably enjoy it, itd be great just to piss about for 2 hrs (which is essentially what PE is 99% of the time)

ReputationRep:
      There wasn't a subject that I hated more. I blame it on the popular *****y girls who were in my pe class
      • Aston Villa FC Supporter
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Yes, simply because I wasn't good at it.

ReputationRep:
      Pe was😭😭.The worst thing was when the teachers used to make us play sports outside in the freezing weather like I'm thinking did we not have a sports hall 🤔.I was always in the group that chilled near the goal post in football , the PE teachers were savage throwing the ball in our direction and we use to flee for our lives .
      The one thing I enjoyed was sanjuro which is martial arts because the guy used to play some tunes and the whole lesson used to turn into a club .

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.