Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dropped out of College but I want to pursue film production Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dropped out of college in December. The first year was successful but the second year wasn't even a film course anymore. I have made a few short films so far in the first year,so I know how to make one. I just dont know what is best for me, should I try and take up a foundation course? Or shall I carry on making short films and try and receive some credit for it? If so, how would I share my short films to gain attraction (Apart from Youtube)?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirkillalot3D)
    I dropped out of college in December. The first year was successful but the second year wasn't even a film course anymore. I have made a few short films so far in the first year,so I know how to make one. I just dont know what is best for me, should I try and take up a foundation course? Or shall I carry on making short films and try and receive some credit for it? If so, how would I share my short films to gain attraction (Apart from Youtube)?
    Hey sirkillalot3D,

I would recommend you take a foundation and build up a portfolio whilst continuing doing your short films. If you are looking to apply for companies I would say go for the foundation. Within a foundation, you might be able to gain more help and insight to filming and to build a portfolio. You might even want to take a Degree at the end of it. (I would recommend it.) Also through foundation, you might be able to gain more knowledge about the industry and where you would share your video and gain viewers.

Why don't you go to an open day, it will give you an insight to what a foundation course is like. You might like it
    Here at Ravensbourne we do a Foundation in Media Production if you are interested. Click Here~ and an Open day link if you're interested in visiting us. (We are base in London )

Hope this helps
    Goodluck with your decision and feel free to ask me any questions!

Kay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.