Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should twitter be honest and admit they ban people who they disagree politically with Watch

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_2628.JPG
Views: 41
Size:  47.6 KB
    This tweet is enough to get someone banned even though it does not break their terms of service

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, their behaviour with banning certain people is pretty indefensible.

ReputationRep:
    This is all too common, branding statements that are not coherent with your views as hate speech.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if that's been confirmed as the 'offending' Tweet yet. Still utterly ridiculous either way.

They ban anyone on twitter.
      They banned a black girl that painted her face white to appear Caucasian and avoid racial attacks when Trump won the election as a joke but she got banned.

ReputationRep:
      It is just twitter, why does it matter?

ReputationRep:
      Who cares?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Join a company's platform = abide by it's rules, no matter whether you think they're right or not.

Same as the moderation rules here.

If you don't like those rules: leave.
      There's no rule to say you have to be on Twitter.

ReputationRep:
      Sounds like TSR.

ReputationRep:
      It's a private company, they can ban whoever they want

(Original post by Drewski)
        Join a company's platform = abide by it's rules, no matter whether you think they're right or not.

Nobody is saying that Twitter isn't at liberty to ban whoever they like. OP is asking whether they should admit it.

ReputationRep:
        Rip milo yiannopoulos
        • Very Important Poster

What kravence and pete said. private company and they can ban who they like. Who really cares. Trump is really the power user, when imo it was on the wane. He's taken it to another level.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Drewski)

People have looked through his tweets and it doesn't appear he has actually broke any rules

(Original post by 999tigger)
        What kravence and pete said. private company and they can ban who they like. Who really cares. Trump is really the power user, when imo it was on the wane. He's taken it to another level.

(Original post by Kravence)
        It's a private company, they can ban whoever they want
        I'm not saying they can't I'm saying should they not be honest about it rather than pretending to believe in free speech
        • Very Important Poster

(Original post by joecphillips)
        People have looked through his tweets and it doesn't appear he has actually broke any rules

I'm not saying they can't I'm saying should they not be honest about it rather than pretending to believe in free speech
        Clearly if it was a policy, then they disagree with you. If you dont like it find another platform.

ReputationRep:
        Who cares?

ReputationRep:
        Lol, that's the leftist agenda at its peak nowadays.

Brexit and Trump happened because of them.

ReputationRep:
        When did they say they believed in free speech? Or was it assumed of them?

ReputationRep:
        I don't see why they need to be, it won't make a difference

(Original post by Google22)
          Lol, that's the leftist agenda at its peak nowadays.

Brexit and Trump happened because of them.
          sjw =/= leftist

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.