The Student Room Group

No offers

I've already had 2 rejections one post interview one pre interview. Losing hope as my other interviews didn't go too well🙄
Which course is this for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look where this was posted :facepalm2:
is it medicine or vet medicine, im in a similar position with medicine but with 3 rejections, dont get too down about it as its insanely competitive. if it really is what you want to do, take a gap year and reapply or if you lose motivation, theres always clearing if you get good grades. either way, focus on your A level
Reply 4
Original post by nomophobia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Vet med
Reply 5
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
is it medicine or vet medicine, im in a similar position with medicine but with 3 rejections, dont get too down about it as its insanely competitive. if it really is what you want to do, take a gap year and reapply or if you lose motivation, theres always clearing if you get good grades. either way, focus on your A level

Yeah vet med, I know it's hard staying motivated when I don't know exactly what I'm going for.
It isn't over until everywhere gets back you you. It's still early days. When I applied I was sitting on a grand total of zero offers until late February. Vet schools are slow as hell.

There's nothing you can do now, other than work hard in your studies to gain the best chance of meeting the grade requirements for a potential offer. That, and formulating a back up plan in case things unfortunately go to plan. You certainly wouldn't be alone if you took a gap year. Loads of vet students take one, two isn't uncommon and I've heard people more than that.

It's competitive. It was never going to be easy. You are still waiting to hear back (and remember, getting one interview is in itself an achievement, let alone three!). Worrying about it is not going to make time go faster. Find some distractions and cross the bridge of what you're going to do next year when universities have made their decisions.
Damn, but don't worry, there's still time.

What unis have you applied to?
Original post by Kravence
Look where this was posted :facepalm2:

LOL I'm on the app so I didn't even realise - thanks for that :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey, its the same for me :smile: ive had four interviews and one rejection so far (liverpool), but if worst comes to worst i will take a gap year and try again! its not an ideal situation but if you really want it i guess its just what you have to do haha. good luck for hearing back from your other interviews!

(if you really dont want to take a gap year you could always apply for another course through clearing and do a post graduate degree eventually :smile: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending