Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was studying second year at mmu. Because I have a previous degree I don't get any tuition fee loan, so I had to self fund my studies. Unfortunately I couldn't face one of the instalments this year and decided to request the suspension of my studies until next year and make sure I've got the money. Meanwhile I was doing some placement interviews and I was actually offered a job I would LOVE to do and want to do. Do you know if I will be allowed after requesting a suspension? Will I get in trouble if I don't say anything and just start the job? I really do not want to lose this job bur I'm afraid I might not be officially eligible for it. Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Eggsben)
    I was studying second year at mmu. Because I have a previous degree I don't get any tuition fee loan, so I had to self fund my studies. Unfortunately I couldn't face one of the instalments this year and decided to request the suspension of my studies until next year and make sure I've got the money. Meanwhile I was doing some placement interviews and I was actually offered a job I would LOVE to do and want to do. Do you know if I will be allowed after requesting a suspension? Will I get in trouble if I don't say anything and just start the job? I really do not want to lose this job bur I'm afraid I might not be officially eligible for it. Thank you
    You are probably best contacting your Programmes Team to check whether you are eligible to do a placement year. If you contact the Student Hub on 0161 247 2747 they will be able to direct you to the relevant Programmes Team.

Hope this helps

Rebecca

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 1, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.