Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was studying second year at mmu. Because I have a previous degree I don't get any tuition fee loan, so I had to self fund my studies. Unfortunately I couldn't face one of the instalments this year and decided to request the suspension of my studies until next year and make sure I've got the money. Meanwhile I was doing some placement interviews and I was actually offered a job I would LOVE to do and want to do. Do you know if I will be allowed after requesting a suspension? Will I get in trouble if I don't say anything and just start the job? I really do not want to lose this job bur I'm afraid I might not be officially eligible for it. Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggsben)
    I was studying second year at mmu. Because I have a previous degree I don't get any tuition fee loan, so I had to self fund my studies. Unfortunately I couldn't face one of the instalments this year and decided to request the suspension of my studies until next year and make sure I've got the money. Meanwhile I was doing some placement interviews and I was actually offered a job I would LOVE to do and want to do. Do you know if I will be allowed after requesting a suspension? Will I get in trouble if I don't say anything and just start the job? I really do not want to lose this job bur I'm afraid I might not be officially eligible for it. Thank you
    You are probably best contacting your Programmes Team to check whether you are eligible to do a placement year. If you contact the Student Hub on 0161 247 2747 they will be able to direct you to the relevant Programmes Team.

Hope this helps

Rebecca

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.