Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I started to a girl on instagram, she's a muslim and I've heard she doesn't date guys yet she's talking to me though 1 week in the conversation hasn't really taken the turn I would have hoped it would have. This fella who told me she doesn't date guys, could be playing games with me because her insta is bait af any rational person would think she talks to guys, don't get me wrong its not bikini snaps lol but rather selfies which are rather suggestive so I guess best way to find out is to keep talking to her.

1) she gave me her schedule right down to a tee she's always busy, sometimes I get replies back from at 6:30am, we mainly talk at around 10pm

2) She always talks about herself.... I mentioned how I had a exam on Wednesday, all I got was a good luck and then she started talking about herself again. In general when I talk about myself and my hobbies and stuff she doesn't really ask me any questions on it at all, its always me asking all the questions. She is SUPER focused on her career atm but I know her and her family and this girl is good to GF so should I be friends with her (no friendzone lol, explained below), I'm a year older than her and shes doing A levels and I helped her out with a few things and she was really thankful. We are both asian and what I know from my experience is that when talking to asian girls you have to be like a friend with them and when they are comfortable you can date

I've never talked to a asian girl who just talks about herself, doesn't seem very interested in me and what I do, busy af

what do I do? do I play the long game in the hopes that when summer comes around and shes less busy I can date her? I just don't wanna lose a girl like this bc sure theres plenty more in the sea but I don't know tbh

South asian btw

ReputationRep:
    " I've never talked to a asian girl who just talks about herself, doesn't seem very interested in me and what I do, busy af "

Move on.
    Your last few sentences speak volumes.
    Honestly don't settle for less than you deserve.

ReputationRep:
    She's not interested in you. I doubt she's interested in anyone who doesn't share her ambition or drive.

(Original post by habeas.corpus)
    She's not interested in you. I doubt she's interested in anyone who doesn't share her ambition or drive.
    Actually she had a crazy business idea and she said she though she was the only one who that way but my future business plans are exactly the same and she was a bit shell shocked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Actually she had a crazy business idea and she said she though she was the only one who that way but my future business plans are exactly the same and she was a bit shell shocked
    The fact she almost only talks about herself and doesn't ask you questions is highly indicative that she lacks interest in you.

ReputationRep:
    Keep going but start to tone it down a little, if you're asking all the questions then chances are you're the one who's starting the conversation etc. Honestly texting her everyday isn't that great. Ignore her for a bit.

(Original post by Nulliverse)
    Keep going but start to tone it down a little, if you're asking all the questions then chances are you're the one who's starting the conversation etc. Honestly texting her everyday isn't that great. Ignore her for a bit.
    Thats some good advice, its always me initiating the questions funny thing is I'm talking to another girl who I'm not interested in and shes always asking me questions so I'm experiencing this weird dynamic atm.

Shame the girl I want doesn't seem interested and the girl I don't want is head over heals for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thats some good advice, its always me initiating the questions funny thing is I'm talking to another girl who I'm not interested in and shes always asking me questions so I'm experiencing this weird dynamic atm.

Shame the girl I want doesn't seem interested and the girl I don't want is head over heals for me
    That's just life unfortunately .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.