Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any tips on how to get A's at AS level and how long to revise for each day?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Revising.
    How long would you recommend revising each day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elena 365)
    How long would you recommend revising each day?
    2-3 hours

ReputationRep:
    If you want to ensure that you get an A grade, simply answer all of the questions in your exams correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    If you want to ensure that you get an A grade, simply answer all of the questions in your exams correctly.
    Damn i wish someone told me that when i was doing my as levels last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sikh Surgeon)
    Damn i wish someone told me that when i was doing my as levels last year
    Also, when playing Space Invaders, simply shoot all of the aliens before they land.

"Space Invaders"... alright granddad!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any tips on how to get A's at AS level and how long to revise for each day?
    Revise effectively. Know what the examiner wants from you and do lots of past paper practice (if you can, I know there are the new linear qualifications that merely have a specimen, or a specimen and the 2016 paper). Attend your lessons, do your homework, read around the subject and revise well and in good time! I can't really offer you any subject-specific advice, as I don't know what you're taking, but there's some generic advice - good luck!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You got loads of time to revise. So just do a bit each day up until the exam period and you'll do great!😄 Personally for AS I hadn't started to revise at this time but I got AAAA. I would say the main thing which helped me to achieve these grades was the CGP textbooks, those and past papers anyway...

Good luck and take it easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rexar)
    You got loads of time to revise. So just do a bit each day up until the exam period and you'll do great!😄 Personally for AS I hadn't started to revise at this time but I got AAAA. I would say the main thing which helped me to achieve these grades was the CGP textbooks, those and past papers anyway...

What subjects did you do if you don't mind me asking your results are amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    What subjects did you do if you don't mind me asking your results are amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At AS I did Maths, Physics, Psychology and Design & Technology. I have dropped psychology to A2. All of Maths, Physics and Psychology were AQA so the CGP books helped me allot.😊 (I know...I know I keep bumming of the CGP books but I love em 😄)

Anyways good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rexar)
    At AS I did Maths, Physics, Psychology and Design & Technology. I have dropped psychology to A2. All of Maths, Physics and Psychology were AQA so the CGP books helped me allot.😊 (I know...I know I keep bumming of the CGP books but I love em 😄)

Anyways good luck
    What module did you find the hardest for Maths at AS and A2?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    What module did you find the hardest for Maths at AS and A2?
    At AS my other module to C1 and C2 was S1. I would say that this was the hardest in AS for me. Now at A2 my other module is M1 and I would say that C4 is the hardest so far followed by M1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rexar)

Anyways good luck
    Thank you I do maths and physics too - physics can be hard at times though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    Thank you I do maths and physics too - physics can be hard at times though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree physics is very tough, especially at A2. 😰

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rexar)

What would you say the best way of revising is after having done your AS's?When I write notes from the textbook it is very time consuming and I find it difficult to get all my notes done on time. This is due to the large content that I have to cover. Do you have any advice on how I can manage the workload?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What would you say the best way of revising is after having done your AS's?When I write notes from the textbook it is very time consuming and I find it difficult to get all my notes done on time. This is due to the large content that I have to cover. Do you have any advice on how I can manage the workload?
    All I did at GCSE and AS is continuously copy the CGP textbooks. I must have wrote the whole textbook put at least 10 times but this is just how I revise, it works for me. Granted t is time consuming but there is loads of time. I usually start on past papers like 1 month before exams and I start to revise 2-3 mo her before, this year I will start earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rexar)
    All I did at GCSE and AS is continuously copy the CGP textbooks. I must have wrote the whole textbook put at least 10 times but this is just how I revise, it works for me. Granted t is time consuming but there is loads of time. I usually start on past papers like 1 month before exams and I start to revise 2-3 mo her before, this year I will start earlier
    Thankyou for your advice, I will definitely continue writing out my notes consistently so that I can remember them and will do the past papers 😊
    Also I feel like when my mock exams come up I never get to fully finish my notes. Therefore I feel like this is why I end up getting nervous and end up thinking that I will never finish my notes on time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for your advice, I will definitely continue writing out my notes consistently so that I can remember them and will do the past papers 😊
    Also I feel like when my mock exams come up I never get to fully finish my notes. Therefore I feel like this is why I end up getting nervous and end up thinking that I will never finish my notes on time.
    Very welcome 🙂 Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    Revise effectively. Know what the examiner wants from you and do lots of past paper practice (if you can, I know there are the new linear qualifications that merely have a specimen, or a specimen and the 2016 paper). Attend your lessons, do your homework, read around the subject and revise well and in good time! I can't really offer you any subject-specific advice, as I don't know what you're taking, but there's some generic advice - good luck!
    That's some great advice, I most certainly realised that finding out what the examiner is asking of you is one of the most overlooked areas when revising and also past papers. I agree with attending lectures/lessons, no one is more experienced than teachers/lecturers in understanding what the examiner wants especially when they often work very closely with the exam boards.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.