Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long does it take to get flat abs if you already have a flat stomach? Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just keep doing those exercises that the TSR fitness mods recommend. Fit people never stop working out (unless they're injured)

ReputationRep:
    What are flat abs?

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna need an expla. too, what are 'flat abs'? X)

ReputationRep:
    I agree, of your stomach is already flat, then how do flat abs work....?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Just keep doing those exercises that the TSR fitness mods recommend. Fit people never stop working out (unless they're injured)
    I only work out sometimes when I feel motivated. I want to work out daily :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dindu)
    What are flat abs?
    This(slightly defined)
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...9002020669.jpg

ReputationRep:
    You'll need to lift weights to get that not just cardio.

ReputationRep:
    For me, so a guy it took around 5 months of constant cardio and things.
    So probably around the same for you

ReputationRep:
    abs are disgusting on girls
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I only work out sometimes when I feel motivated. I want to work out daily :yep:
    Make it a habit. People that train consistently just do it. They (we) don't do it because we always enjoy it

She's a bit too thin imo (that's personaly preference though, aim for whatever you want as long as they aren't a size zero)

Lose weight is how you look like her but by the time you see abs you'd be dangerously thin.

So i suggest weights and just maintain your weight and you'll build muscle and lose fat (for a while anyway)

Imo, this Youtuber has a great body. She was much thinner before when doing a bikini show:

https://youtu.be/hAr2Bkasbs4

She powerlifts. Kinda disproves the 'lifting weights will give me man arms' theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    Make it a habit. People that train consistently just do it. They (we) don't do it because we always enjoy it

She's a bit too thin imo (that's personaly preference though, aim for whatever you want as long as they aren't a size zero)

Lose weight is how you look like her but by the time you see abs you'd be dangerously thin.

So i suggest weights and just maintain your weight and you'll build muscle and lose fat (for a while anyway)

Imo, this Youtuber has a great body. She was much thinner before when doing a bikini show:

https://youtu.be/hAr2Bkasbs4
    I'm already thin without dieting or working out much tbh. Yeah, I want to work out everyday. :yep:

Ty for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    Flat abs are buff.

Wait, are you sure you're talking about girls or do you still have this identity crisis going on?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm already thin without dieting or working out much tbh. Yeah, I want to work out everyday. :yep:

Ty for the advice
    No worries, don't workout EVERY day btw. Not weights anyway.

The FAQ provides routines, i'd say 3 times a week full body routine or 4 days a week, upper/lower split.

Start with machines etc (as easiest) and then progress to some free weights.

You'll see results.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is that what unfit girls say to feel better about themselves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Is that what unfit girls say to feel better about themselves?
    I'm morbidly obese (!)

RT no. I just don't like it. Looks weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    No worries, don't workout EVERY day btw. Not weights anyway.

The FAQ provides routines, i'd say 3 times a week full body routine or 4 days a week, upper/lower split.

Start with machines etc (as easiest) and then progress to some free weights.

You'll see results.
    Oh okay.

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    just keep doing compound exercises consistently and over time u will see defined abs
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm morbidly obese (!)

RT no. I just don't like it. Looks weird
    So it's just your opinion that "abs look disgusting"?
    ok
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

Ty for the advice
    I used to be like that and then medication ****ed me over :cry2:

Unistudent gives good advice. Don't expect immediate results though, and perhaps ease it in. I was going to the gym twice a week before Christmas for 3 months but I've now upped it to 4 times a week because my body can take it. :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.