Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I'm in love with my college tutor - please help me!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Before I start, I know completely that this is inappropriate.

So I'm 19, and she is 30 and just to make it clear - I am gay, and so is she.
    So I started college last year with my girlfriend (yes, I'm in a relationship already! But she is single), and since starting, I have become completely obsessed with my tutor. She isn't actually my tutor - she doesn't teach me as such. She tutors our progress coach lessons.

It's been about 5 months since I've felt this way, and I can't get her out of my head! Everything I do, everyone I speak to, everything I see, reminds me of her. She does not leave my mind, and it is driving me absolutely crazy.

My partner and I have been going through a lot of crap lately with each other, and if anything, this has brought me closer to my tutor. She has been my go to person. She is always there when ever I need to speak to her - after all, that is her job! But each time I see her, I fall more and more in love with her! She is amazing!

I'm not too sure whether she has realised this is how I feel - I get the vibes that she does, but who knows. We always joke around with each other in lesson - her attention often seems to be on me. Whenever I look at her, she's already looking at me. She always goes out of her way to see me and speak to me, and this is driving me even more crazy!
    She often has one to one tutorials with me, and the energy between us both is unbelievable! We get on like a house on fire. I trust her, and she trusts me. She has started to open up to me a lot lately - telling me a lot about her, and what's going on in her life. I'm not sure whether it is reciprocated, but I feel such a spark between us whenever we speak, or even look at each other! She looks at me in a way nobody has ever looked at me.

I know how unprofessional and wrong it is, especially as I am already in a relationship, and I care a lot about her, and her job. But I just can't shift these feelings - believe me, I've tried! I don't know what to do with myself when I'm around her.. I contemplated telling her how I feel - I was very close to doing this, however I stopped myself, because I can't see how telling her would benefit the situation.

It's not just a school girl crush. I know what a school girl crush feels like - and this is much more intense! She's amazing, and my feelings are so strong towards her. I still have another year and a half in college, and I can't even begin to think how intense these feelings will grow - I don't think they're going to go away!

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    If you really do love her, think about what this could do to her. She could lose her job, her entire career. You could ruin her life. As hard as it might be, you can't end up together. It'll never work well for either of you, especially her as she's the adult.

I think you should seriously consider limiting your contact with her.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried so hard to get the feelings out of my head.. they just won't go away! And I see her near enough all day three days a week, and it gets more and more intense each time 😐 I don't want to ruin her life of her career, I care about her a lot! However it just isn't going away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.