Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lose wieght? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Joker ~)
    You are entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine.
    You need a eye check too
    If you read the post well instead of jumping, you would have seen that I did encourage OP to indulge into a physical activity of her liking ~
    Reading your post 'well' doesn't make it any less silly or unhelpful. Of course you're entitled to your opinion - who said you weren't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Reading your post 'well' doesn't make it any less silly or unhelpful. Of course you're entitled to your opinion - who said you weren't?
    :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uknown)
    Please help....
    First, learn how to spell 'weight'

ReputationRep:
    Dear WoodyMKC , SophieSmall and Kagutsuchi,
    You guys have been skimming through glossy magazines at the hair salon right ~

There is so much more to attractiveness than outward appearance. Personality, charm...
    Now focusing on losing weight is not fun and quite tiring while doing something you like, you lose weight and are having fun.

Repeat after me Sophie, barbie is not real, barbie is not real, barbie is not real ~ !

Short, tall, chubby, big, small, everyone is beautiful ~
    :3

Are you being purposefully obtuse?

ReputationRep:
    If you cut out the following foods you will lose a lot of weight: bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, and cereals.
    Btw, I don't eat any of these carbs. And feel so much better and more energetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Are you being purposefully obtuse?
    An obtuse angle is greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees .. ~ ??
    .-.

ReputationRep:
    An obtuse angle is greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees .. ~ ??
    .-.
    ...I'll take that as a yes.

ReputationRep:
    ...I'll take that as a yes.
    How about the safer option called ... maybe ~ ?

ReputationRep:

There is so much more to attractiveness than outward appearance. Personality, charm...
    Now focusing on losing weight is not fun and quite tiring while doing something you like, you lose weight and are having fun.

Repeat after me Sophie, barbie is not real, barbie is not real, barbie is not real ~ !

You didn't read my reply to you then.

I don't really care at all what humans find attractive.

If Sophie wants to lose weight (or fat, rather) then Sophie can lose weight, because it's her choice. It's her life. Don't go telling someone they shouldn't be doing something they want to do, especially if it doesn't harm them in any way.

Think about these points:

1) You are assuming she wants to be Barbie because she wants to lose weight - because if I want to gain muscle, I'm suddenly aiming to be Arnold Schwarzenegger? Dingus.

2) YOU can play football and lose weight. Good for you. Some people need structure, a regime, and see some actual dedicated progress towards their goal - you can much more efficiently achieve this with a fitness plan and a gym than kicking around a football for a few hours every week.

3) Your fairy tale utopia outlook on human attractiveness is very cute, but you just sound wishy washy.

If someone wants to dedicate their time and effort to change their self-image and health, thereby increasing their self-esteem, health, and outlook on life, then that's on them. You can look down on that if you want, but I for one respect it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    You didn't read my reply to you then.

I don't really care at all what humans find attractive.

If Sophie wants to lose weight (or fat, rather) then Sophie can lose weight, because it's her choice. It's her life. Don't go telling someone they shouldn't be doing something they want to do, especially if it doesn't harm them in any way.

Think about these points:

1) You are assuming she wants to be Barbie because she wants to lose weight - because if I want to gain muscle, I'm suddenly aiming to be Arnold Schwarzenegger? Dingus.

2) YOU can play football and lose weight. Good for you. Some people need structure, a regime, and see some actual dedicated progress towards their goal - you can much more efficiently achieve this with a fitness plan and a gym than kicking around a football for a few hours every week.

3) Your fairy tale utopia outlook on human attractiveness is very cute, but you just sound wishy washy.

If someone wants to dedicate their time and effort to change their self-image and health, thereby increasing their self-esteem, health, and outlook on life, then that's on them. You can look down on that if you want, but I for one respect it.
    Read the signature .. gracias ~

ReputationRep:
    Read the signature .. gracias ~
    Good to know you have no substance.

ReputationRep:
    You're funny.

(Original post by elekro)
    stop having dinner
    This is ridiculous and has no basis.

stop all the fatty/ high calorie foods
    Salmon is high in fat. Salmon is amazingly healthy. Avocado is high in fat. Avocado is amazingly healthy.

replace everything you can with "diet" "light" or "fat free" versions
    Fat is flavour. When companies take out fat (thereby making it fat free, or light) they often replace the fat with artificial sweetener, or some sort of substance to carry the flavour.

eat on a small (side) plate
    Again, no basis.

drink three times the water you already do
    You don't know how much water she drinks.

walk everywhere (but don't use it as an excuse to eat more)
    Yea, this point is okay.

I think you might be getting at having smaller and more often meals, but you've not said anything about upping frequency.

ReputationRep:
    Good to know you have no substance.
    No sorry. I don't do drugs ~

,-,

ReputationRep:
    No sorry. I don't do drugs ~

,-,
    Tbh, sounds like you came into a thread with naive optimism about humankind, got a verbal backlash, and instead of admitting you're a bit of a moron, you're just falling back on memes.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, sounds like you came into a thread with naive optimism about humankind, got a verbal backlash, and instead of admitting you're a bit of a moron, you're just falling back on memes.

ReputationRep:
    K.

I know you tried to help the OP, but I guess you just need to become a bit smarter before trying again.

ReputationRep:

Again, just because a phrase sounds pleasant and positive, that doesn't make it true in the real world. Personality and the rest is important, but what's a relationship without sexual attraction. If I asked you to show me a picture of someone who you find physically attractive, are you going to go and fetch a pic of a size 20 woman who doesn't look after her appearance? :rofl: No. If you're being honest, you'd pick someone who is in good shape, dresses well, looks after her skin etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Again, just because a phrase sounds pleasant and positive, that doesn't make it true in the real world. Personality and the rest is important, but what's a relationship without sexual attraction. If I asked you to show me a picture of someone who you find physically attractive, are you going to go and fetch a pic of a size 20 woman who doesn't look after her appearance? :rofl: No. If you're being honest, you'd pick someone who is in good shape, dresses well, looks after her skin etc.
    Yeah.. but this is not 300!! Everyone is not or will not be a top model or a cross-fit expert. Variety is the spice of life ... ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Not to mention this is literally the fitness forum...what kind of conversations were they expecting to find?

Just because we are talking about fitness and weight does not mean we don't appreciate other important things in a person such as personality.

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention this is literally the fitness forum...what kind of conversations were they expecting to find?

Just because we are talking about fitness and weight does not mean we don't appreciate other important things in a person such as personality.
    Exactly! I also just don't understand the notion that losing some weight is supposedly unhealthy to some people and the sign of some sort of mental illness, yet being overweight (and no matter how "beautiful" one claims it to be, you can't argue with the numbers - being overweight is NOT subjective) is somehow to be celebrated simply because you're "accepting who you are".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.