Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Not to mention this is literally the fitness forum...what kind of conversations were they expecting to find?

Just because we are talking about fitness and weight does not mean we don't appreciate other important things in a person such as personality.
    This.
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Exactly! I also just don't understand the notion that losing some weight is supposedly unhealthy to some people and the sign of some sort of mental illness, yet being overweight (and no matter how "beautiful" one claims it to be, you can't argue with the numbers - being overweight is NOT subjective) is somehow to be celebrated simply because you're "accepting who you are".
    Agreed.

Weight is something you CAN control.

Being excessively small or tall is out of your control. You can't change your hair colour or skin tone (suppose fake tan etc can 'improve' it if someone hates being so white). So that's just life.

However being overweight should not be 'celebrated'. It is NOT the spice of life. The spice of life is difference in culture, height, skin tone, facial features etc ie stuff we are born with in our genetic makeup.

I am also of the opinion that almost anyone can be somewhat attractive. Or rather not unattractive.
    Good/great body, take good care of your skin (Women have more options re makeup), good hair (and facial hair if male), good personal hygiene, nice clothes that accentuate your good points and be a genuine and engaging person.

No excuse for being a slob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    I am also of the opinion that almost anyone can be somewhat attractive. Or rather not unattractive.
    Good/great body, take good care of your skin (Women have more options re makeup), good hair and be a genuine and engaging person.
    Oh yeah, I'd always take a girl with an average face who has nice hair, dresses well and has a banging body over a girl with a very pretty face but doesn't really care much for her appearance :top:

ReputationRep:
    I had a horrendous viral infection last year and lost three stone in body mass.

I'd recommend getting sick and try not too die.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uknown)
    Please help....
    Eat a bit less, move more. Counting calories using the myfitnesspal app is a great place to start. Whilst not essential it is a great help at the start

(Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    I don't bother with that. It's too cumbersome. I eat constantly. I'm always hungry. I'm not going to avoid putting avocado onto my salmon, just because it has that extra 200 calories that I might not get round to burning off immediately. How grey would my life be without avocados? I just exercise really ****ing hard and eat healthily - the only thing I really count is my protein intake (bearing in mind complete protein) in order to help maintain my body.

Eat nutritionally dense food. Salmon on a bed of cous cous and pepper salad is better than a burger and chips. Eat in moderation and balance your meals so that you have proteins, carbs, fats and plenty of vitamins and nutrients, as well as lots of fibre to help everything digest properly and to allow your body to regulate itself.
    Whilst the rest of your post is good. 2 things

People crave
    - Chocolate
    - Chips
    - Avacado... u wot :lol: Tickled me

Anyways, the actual problem I have is giving cookie cutter meal ideas like that are largely unworkable and you'd be horrified how many people see "Salmon on cous cous is a good meal" and then that's all they eat

(Original post by The Joker ~)
    What ?
    Who needs to lose wieght~ xd

Don't think about losing weight.. be happy with who and how you are.. but yeah you could start a new sport or activity where you'd be using energy ( karate, taekwondo, soccer, running... you name it )
    Forget about losing weight and just start something new. You'll have fun and might become fitter in the process ~
    Being unhealthy isn't happy; forgetting your unhealthyness is a good way to make people ill

Dear WoodyMKC , SophieSmall and Kagutsuchi,
    You guys have been skimming through glossy magazines at the hair salon right ~

There is so much more to attractiveness than outward appearance. Personality, charm...
    Now focusing on losing weight is not fun and quite tiring while doing something you like, you lose weight and are having fun.

Repeat after me Sophie, barbie is not real, barbie is not real, barbie is not real ~ !

Short, tall, chubby, big, small, everyone is beautiful ~
    :3
    No everyone is not beautiful. The majority of adults in the UK are overweight; a disgusting percentage is obese and worse. Forgetting who you are isn't so easy with arthritis in your 30s

(Original post by Reality Check)
    Beautiful isn't diabetes or heart failure or peripheral arterial disease or stroke or cancer... Glib comments like this don't help the OP, who has clearly indicated that they want help regarding losing weight.
    I feel like me and you can be friends.

(Original post by elekro)
    stop having dinner
    stop all the fatty/ high calorie foods
    replace everything you can with "diet" "light" or "fat free" versions
    eat on a small (side) plate
    drink three times the water you already do
    walk everywhere (but don't use it as an excuse to eat more)
    That kind of advice leads to one of two things
    - People breaking diets
    - Eating disorders

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    Are you being purposefully obtuse?
    They would be indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    I feel like me and you can be friends.
    So do I - another unvarnished voice of reason based in scientific evidence rather than anecdote and speculation.

ReputationRep:
    Eat a bit less, move more. Counting calories using the myfitnesspal app is a great place to start. Whilst not essential it is a great help at the start

Whilst the rest of your post is good. 2 things

No everyone is not beautiful.

Good for you!!
    I do not live in such a world. Everyone is beautiful in their own way.. It's certainly not my fault if you do not have sensitivity to perceive it.

If you took time to read instead of replying to own blindfolded perceptions you would have probably seen... THat i encouraged OP to take up a physical activity of her own liking ... fun and weight loss~

May you become a happy cucumber..
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Good for you!!
    I do not live in such a world. Everyone is beautiful in their own way.. It's certainly not my fault if you do not have sensitivity to perceive it.

If you took time to read instead of replying to own blindfolded perceptions you would have probably seen... THat i encouraged OP to take up a physical activity of her own liking ... fun and weight loss~

May you become a happy cucumber..
    0/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    0/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Over generous.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.