Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Just getting here to get some advice, as, despite thinking I know enough about how men react, I do not know much in the end haha
    I've been going on dates (I think, they were dates?) with that guy for weeks (dinner, movies, etc), he is texting me every day, he usually shows some signs of affection while texting, and calls me by little names. He also shows some affection (here as well maybe am I wrong?) by being quite tender, stroking my hair, kissing my forehead, hugging while together. However, we already got intimate several times too. I have no idea what is going on, and how should I define my relationship with that guy, we are not explicitly together, and obviously not just friends. Do you think he would be with me just for the sex? Or should I take the whole situation from another perspective? Why is he not sharing his thoughts about us?

Thanks you guys, I feel quite lost

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbgpwer)
    Hey all,

Just getting here to get some advice, as, despite thinking I know enough about how men react, I do not know much in the end haha
    I've been going on dates (I think, they were dates?) with that guy for weeks (dinner, movies, etc), he is texting me every day, he usually shows some signs of affection while texting, and calls me by little names. He also shows some affection (here as well maybe am I wrong?) by being quite tender, stroking my hair, kissing my forehead, hugging while together. However, we already got intimate several times too. I have no idea what is going on, and how should I define my relationship with that guy, we are not explicitly together, and obviously not just friends. Do you think he would be with me just for the sex? Or should I take the whole situation from another perspective? Why is he not sharing his thoughts about us?

Cheers
    In my opinion he is probably "not sharing his thoughts on us" because he assumes that is quite explicit. From what you say it seems that it is pretty obvious that you guys are dating. the problem with most girls today is they expect the dude to propose before they can believe that "now we're officially dating". I don't think he's using you for sex but then again I don't know him- if it's bothering you so much then ask him.

ReputationRep:
    Go direct. Ask. Clarity is bliss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannaBMedStudent)
    In my opinion he is probably "not sharing his thoughts on us" because he assumes that is quite explicit. From what you say it seems that it is pretty obvious that you guys are dating. the problem with most girls today is they expect the dude to propose before they can believe that "now we're officially dating". I don't think he's using you for sex but then again I don't know him- if it's bothering you so much then ask him.
    Thanks Yes, true. However, sometimes it is hard to just trust people and therefore we may just feel insecure about them, especially when we are investing ourselves into that relationship, sort of taking a risk

ReputationRep:
    he wants to **** u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    he wants to **** u
    Thank you, your comment is so enlightening

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Cheers

It happened to me some months ago, i thing you shouldn't care about what he thinks if you ask him if you guys are lie officially in a relationship or not, because if for you make it official is important, then you should Prioritize your opinion over his opinion.. You should really ask him, and then you can take a decision, wether you decide to keep going out with him putting and end, but at least you will know what to expect, if he want something serious or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdaza)
    It happened to me some months ago, i thing you shouldn't care about what he thinks if you ask him if you guys are lie officially in a relationship or not, because if for you make it official is important, then you should Prioritize your opinion over his opinion.. You should really ask him, and then you can take a decision, wether you decide to keep going out with him putting and end, but at least you will know what to expect, if he want something serious or not.
    Thank you very much for this advice. I guess you're right and honesty is the best option

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Cheers
    Sounds like youre in that typical limbo stage of what is this, what do we call/label what we are doing? like you need to have 'the conversation'

if he wants to date you he's probably just taking things slow or is too nervous to ask you, it is quite a big thing, the fear of rejection etc.

you could always bring the subject up in a casual way, because if he doesnt want a relationship then any serious convo could scare him off. i dont know him or what hes like, but you do, i guess, so you should have some idea what type of character he has and how he'd react to that convo.

just straight up ask, otherwise youll never know or be waiting to find out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.