Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would others think I am capable of? (Cramming success?) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Im wondering if anything like this has happened to others during GCSEs
    (Im in Yr13 now but just thinking about the past and wondering if others can reflect)
    During Yr10/Yr11 I worked 0% outside of class and messed around for most of yr10.
    I was averaging B and Cs in everything and an E in history in yr10, Come Yr11 and the Yr10 stuff seemed easier but the 3rd module of the sciences (the triple science stuff) was harder than the rest I found but still averaging Bs and Cs in everything with mainly just going to classes and playing on the PC/xbox when I get home etc...

And then exam time comes, lets say end of April/start of May.
    Crammed for every exam didnt do anything but cram for all of my subjects went from an E in History in Unit1 to an A*. (B in Unit 2)
    I remember everyday after school 4pm to even 1am I would be revising all of core or additional or further science depending if the exam was the day after or not. so I was very limited by time but still managed to get ..:

10A 1A* 1B at GCSE.

Had I even just started cramming earlier lets say Feb/March that should have been 11A*s ?? I think/ hope.

What do you think?
    I also repeated my mistake with the laziness in AS getting only Bs and Cs and even a D. (although without my cramming in exam time my grades would have been far worse)

P.S. I no longer use this method and now regularly revise.- learnt my lesson ..
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobwibbles)
    Hi Im wondering if anything like this has happened to others during GCSEs
    (Im in Yr13 now but just thinking about the past and wondering if others can reflect)
    During Yr10/Yr11 I worked 0% outside of class and messed around for most of yr10.
    I was averaging B and Cs in everything and an E in history in yr10, Come Yr11 and the Yr10 stuff seemed easier but the 3rd module of the sciences (the triple science stuff) was harder than the rest I found but still averaging Bs and Cs in everything with mainly just going to classes and playing on the PC/xbox when I get home etc...

And then exam time comes, lets say end of April/start of May.
    Crammed for every exam didnt do anything but cram for all of my subjects went from an E in History in Unit1 to an A*. (B in Unit 2)
    I remember everyday after school 4pm to even 1pm I would be revising all of core or additional or further science depending if the exam was the day after or not. so I was very limited by time but still managed to get ..:

10A 1A* 1B at GCSE.

Had I even just started cramming earlier lets say Feb/March that should have been 11A*s ?? I think/ hope.

What do you think?
    I also repeated my mistake with the laziness in AS getting only Bs and Cs and even a D. (although without my cramming in exam time my grades would have been far worse)

P.S. I no longer use this method and now regularly revise.- learnt my lesson ..
    The exact same thing happened to me! I barely revised at all at GCSE, ended up getting 2 A*, 5A and 2B. Repeated the process in AS, got BCC... really knocked my confidence tbh! Now I'm trying to get my act together for A2.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.