Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Debate on this video: What are your views? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSDRI03UzxA

I believe that women can be successful without wearing makeup at all, and that makeup on skin is completely unnecessary - you are all beautiful without it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harlowberry)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSDRI03UzxA

I believe that women can be successful without wearing makeup at all, and that makeup on skin is completely unnecessary - you are all beautiful without it.
    Why should such a question even be up for debate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Why should such a question even be up for debate
    It's interesting to see what people's views are on this topic.

ReputationRep:
    The fat ugly woman complaining about good looking woman.

What a surprise.

ReputationRep:
    No need for anything, success should only depend on qualifications, ability and hard work. It shouldn't matter on make-up.
    Although I do see where the other person comes from that in this society it's thought people NEED to wear make-up and not wearing any gives a lesser image of that person to some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dindu)
    The fat ugly woman complaining about good looking woman.

What a surprise.
    She wasn't complaining about good looking women, she was complaining against this idea that all women ought to wear makeup.
    • Political Ambassador

Her face when the blondie with a full face of makeup started talking....:rofl:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1485555645.911636.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  79.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harlowberry)
    you are all beautiful without it.
    Some women are still fugly.

ReputationRep:
    Fugly munter making personal attacks as part of her argument because she feels threatened :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Of course they can be successful without makeup.

(Original post by These)
    No need for anything, success should only depend on qualifications, ability and hard work. It shouldn't matter on make-up.
    Although I do see where the other person comes from that in this society it's thought people NEED to wear make-up and not wearing any gives a lesser image of that person to some.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Fugly munter making personal attacks as part of her argument because she feels threatened :rofl:
    sheeiii :rofl:

She's like those fat women who bodyshame skinny women and cry sexism when it happens to them pahaha

ReputationRep:
    You can be successful without wearing makeup. Personally I wear makeup to school because I want to not because I feel like I have to.

ReputationRep:
    Yawn, ugly woman cries about other people being better looking.

Her argument is weak because its all about first impressions. Your face is usually seen before you open your mouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    You can be successful without wearing makeup. Personally I wear makeup to school because I want to not because I feel like I have to.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dindu)
    Why?
    It's fun applying makeup.

ReputationRep:
    You do it for fun only?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that just a waste of time/money?

ReputationRep:
    I only use lip gloss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dindu)
    You do it for fun only?
    No it also makes me feel more confident. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    The idea that not wearing make up is unprofessional is just ridiculous and it's pretty sad that the woman thinks that. To say putting on make up shows you put effort into the way you look is just stupid. Feeling confident with the way you naturally look doesn't mean you can't be bothered to put in effort - it just shows you don't think your face needs any extra effort. If not wearing make up shows a lack of effort or professionalism then wow, a lot of men need to step up their game if they want to be taken seriously professionally.

Make up won't make a person successful if they don't have potential and a person with potential won't be unsuccessful just because they don't wear make up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.