Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    One of my main ambitions is onto atleast run for Prime Minister. I know that every little boy grows up wanting to be in charge of the country, but I want to change the country for the better. I want to take a party like UKIP and transform it from the racist party many people see it as today (I know it isn't racist) to a party that can implement a strict mixture of relatively radical right AND left wing ideas. Look at the state of our prison systems and emergency services, with nurses at the NHS being worked like donkeys, working all day every day for the good of our people. I can't say I was a firm believer in the Brexit win, but we need to accept it, and do the best we can. We should make people on Jobseeker's Allowance work in community service type schemes, cleaning up parks and in essence nearly cancel out how much money we pay them through their work. That will free up money to be put towards the disabled and OAPs, and whilst on the topic of OAPs, we will introduce more government funded homes for them, due to the homes costing a grand per week in some places. We will give tax breaks to large companies to set up their homes and warehouses in the UK, earning more money from the jobs that are created as a result of it. Those are just a few of my thoughts to start off with, so ask me anything else you want to know

ReputationRep:
    What GCSEs/A levels are you taking to follow your dream?

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs
    Maths
    English Lit
    English Lang
    R.s.
    History
    Latin
    Bio
    Chem
    Physics
    Computer science
    Drama

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    GCSEs
    Maths
    English Lit
    English Lang
    R.s.
    History
    Latin
    Bio
    Chem
    Physics
    Computer science
    Drama
    What A levels do you have planned and are you already a member of any political party?

ReputationRep:
    History
    Philosophy and Ethics
    Eocnomics
    Biology

Plan to study History and Politcs at uni or do an apprenticeship at Deloitte

ReputationRep:
    History
    Philosophy and Ethics
    Eocnomics
    Biology

Plan to study History and Politcs at uni or do an apprenticeship at Deloitte
    Why not a politics A level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qinge)
    Why not a politics A level?
    From what teachers have said, politics is considered a soft subject. I've read upon it, and there are mixed opinions, so I decided to play it safe with sure fire facilitating subjects
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Join the que OP, though it's good to see ambition.

Can't say i expect the Kippers to be a major feature of politics in the long run. All polling evidence indicates that though Labour is bleeding, it is to the Tories and Lib Dems (not a shock since few people really want soft Brexit over remain vs hard Brexit). They may win the odd seat for a while but they'll struggle to maintain third place in 2020.

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but UKIP will never be in power (and this is coming from a Brexit-supporter). I'd suggest trying to change the Conservative party rather than UKIP. Can't be PM without a strong party.

ReputationRep:
    From what teachers have said, politics is considered a soft subject. I've read upon it, and there are mixed opinions, so I decided to play it safe with sure fire facilitating subjects
    Politics is on par with econ and more respected than philosophy (which is much more soft).

From the Clare college, Cambridge, website:

"The Russell group universities have produced a guide to post-16 study options: Informed Choices. Many university courses require particular subjects to be taken at A-level (or equivalent qualifications). The subjects which are most often required are sometimes called "facilitating subjects" and these are: Mathematics and Further Mathematics; English Literature; Physics; Biology; Chemistry; Geography; History and Languages (Classical and Modern)"

"Economics and Politics were the top two choices outside the list of facilitating subjects."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Politics is on par with econ and more respected than philosophy (which is much more soft).

From the Clare college, Cambridge, website:

"The Russell group universities have produced a guide to post-16 study options: Informed Choices. Many university courses require particular subjects to be taken at A-level (or equivalent qualifications). The subjects which are most often required are sometimes called "facilitating subjects" and these are: Mathematics and Further Mathematics; English Literature; Physics; Biology; Chemistry; Geography; History and Languages (Classical and Modern)"

"Economics and Politics were the top two choices outside the list of facilitating subjects."
    Isn't this one college ? I swear in the trinity list philosophy is in list A1 whereas politics is in B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculaura)
    Sorry, but UKIP will never be in power (and this is coming from a Brexit-supporter). I'd suggest trying to change the Conservative party rather than UKIP. Can't be PM without a strong party.
    If the tories do not deliver on brexit then UKIP would win a landslide

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.