Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to get the presale tickets for the Ed Sheeran tour?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Google it

ReputationRep:
    :headbang:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Have a search around, but be very careful about getting gyped.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth you'd want tickets to see that god-awful musician I don't know...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Is that short for "gypsied"? That's kinda racist dude.
    Yes. Nope, gypsy isn't a race
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Gypsies (as in Romani people, not to be confused with actual Romanians) are an ethnic group just like Jews. No offense meant to Jews by this comparison, I don't mean to imply that Jews are criminals.
    Which, again, isn't a race. Insulting the Jewish wouldn't be racist, it's merely discriminatory against the Jewish culture i.e. anti-Semitic. Same way some people like to claim that being anti-Islam would be racist, when, again, they'd be wrong in saying so because Islam is a religion and culture, not a race.

In either case, my mother's father comes from a family of Irish gypsy heritage, so I've got a get out of jail free card on this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Why on earth you'd want tickets to see that god-awful musician I don't know...
    Because she wants to? Unless you're dictating to her who she can and can't see...?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.