Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Judge refuses to deport Afghan men who gang-raped Swedish child Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    It's hard to be definitive as until recently most people thought you can't rehabilitate sex offenders. A charity called Circles UK has been reducing reoffending rates by 83% for those they work with. The Governor of HMP Whatton believes that because of attitudes like yours reoffending becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Research from Canada also shows a reduction of recidivism after treatment.

Committing a certain act alters your genetic makeup; what a silly thing to say.

While I'm not seeking it, it's always nice to know you're appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not seeking it........yeah right.

Lets be honest, you don't really care who pays the price for your compassion.

The poor kid raped in Sweden, not yours was he.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    Not seeking it........yeah right.

Lets be honest, you don't really care who pays the price for your compassion.

The poor kid raped in Sweden, not yours was he.
    And ellipses is three dots for future reference.

Awww that's cute, you can't refute what I've said so you turn to emotional nonsense. Thankfully the justice system isn't there to pander to the wants of individuals, it's about doing what's best for society as a whole. Ostracising and essentially writing off a human being serves no benefit to society.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    And ellipses is three dots for future reference.

Awww that's cute, you can't refute what I've said so you turn to emotional nonsense. Thankfully the justice system isn't there to pander to the wants of individuals, it's about doing what's best for society as a whole. Ostracising and essentially writing off a human being serves no benefit to society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Grammar Nazi and champion of child rapists.

Not a winning combination i'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    Grammar Nazi and champion of child rapists.

Not a winning combination i'm afraid.
    What was that you were saying about childish and petulant insults?

I believe I said I'd stand up for the human rights of 'Mother Teresa and Mohamed Atta' - as far as I'm aware neither of them ever raped a child so your conclusion is somewhat erroneous. It's funny that you use the term Nazi to describe me when you've shown a flagrant disregard for human rights

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost88)
    3 weeks??? WTF is up with Swedish Law?
    I knew it would be Sweden before i opened this thread.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.