Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Judge refuses to deport Afghan men who gang-raped Swedish child Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    I am not dismissing secondary sources. I am accusing you, a student at a world renowned university, of accepting, on trust, an Islamist internet propaganda site.

The only reason I can think of why you would do that is because you are a Muslim yourself and want to believe it.

You are not "assessing the scholar's viewpoint", you are in no position to do so, because you haven't read the works cited, have you?
    I meant thats what I do for my history degree, assess historians viewpoints who often argue from secondary opinions.

Its not a propaganda site, its a Muslim site. Do you think so negatively of all Muslim media sites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    Its not a propaganda site, its a Muslim site. Do you think so negatively of all Muslim media sites?
    I don't come across very many of them.

That one worried me more than anything, actually. If someone like you, a student reading history at a serious university, uses it as a credible source for her understanding of Islamic history, what hope is there for less educated Muslims?

It would be like me forming my views on the horrors of the Reformation and Counter Reformation, not from a study of scholarly works on the subject, but from a proselytising website produced by the Vatican.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    I don't come across very many of them.

That one worried me more than anything, actually. If someone like you, a student reading history at a serious university, uses it as a credible source for her understanding of Islamic history, what hope is there for less educated Muslims?

It would be like me forming my views on the horrors of the Reformation and Counter Reformation, not from a study of scholarly works on the subject, but from a proselytising website produced by the Vatican.
    Its not my problem that you have an issue with religion. I'd say the Vatican would at least be good for 'primary sources'. However I don't view historians as ever being completely unbiased.
    Great historians have their own critical viewpoints.

And I already told you, I used the Muslim website for their sources...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    How very compassionate of you.

Tell me, do you consider the young victims ruined life a price worth paying for your compassion?
    Your point makes zero sense. Someone committing a crime does not mean you should deport them to almost certain torture. Like for like punishment is moronic and archaic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Your point makes zero sense. Someone committing a crime does not mean you should deport them to almost certain torture. Like for like punishment is moronic and archaic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wrong.

My point makes perfect sense.

If an individual is granted asylum in country A after fleeing country B then proceeds to commit a vile crime, his right to asylum should be withdrawn.

What country B does with them has nothing to do with country A.

Now, are you willing to answer my question?

Tell me, do you consider the young victims ruined life a price worth paying for your compassion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    Wrong.

My point makes perfect sense.

If an individual is granted asylum in country A after fleeing country B then proceeds to commit a vile crime, his right to asylum should be withdrawn.

What country B does with them has nothing to do with country A.

Now, are you willing to answer my question?

Your question is not asking what you've explained above.

I've made my answer very clear; nobody should be be deported to almost certain torture. What country B does is very much relevant to country A. Governments should be held to a higher standard than individuals in every sense so while you and others on here are free to think they deserve to be deported and face the consequences the Swedish government don't have the luxury of being do barbaric

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    European type of slavery and Imperialism was more thorough and detrimental and more recent.
    Are you saying that the Arab slave trade between the seventh and twentieth centuries, involving between eleven and fourteen million slaves was not comparable to the Atlantic slave trade involving similar numbers over three centuries? And that it ended earlier? If you are then I think you are wrong on both counts.

ReputationRep:
    Its not my problem that you have an issue with religion.
    I don't have an "issue" with religion. It has been a source for tremendous good in the world, many, perhaps most of mankind's greatest intellectual and cultural achievements. It has been an immensely civilising influence, and on balance probably more a force for good than harm.

But the harm has been extraordinary as has the good. The killings, torture and enslavement performed by man against man in the name of religion stain the pages of history.

Christianity and Islam were born out of killing and death. Both were spread by the sword. Christians realise this, on the whole I think, Muslims have a block. "There is no compulsion in religion" runs the mantra. I imagine you take this view, too,

Which is why you fail to accept that the 29 May 1453 was a day of great bloodshed, rapine and plunder in Constantinople, and you will discount any evidence to demonstrate that which is presented to you, whatever sources you read, primary or secondary.

But do uncritically accept the interpretation of a website which is in no way scholarly, simply because it tells you what you want to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Are you saying that the Arab slave trade between the seventh and twentieth centuries, involving between eleven and fourteen million slaves was not comparable to the Atlantic slave trade involving similar numbers over three centuries? And that it ended earlier? If you are then I think you are wrong on both counts.
    You actually don't make sense. The British killed more and enslaved more on a shorter time period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by housat)
    Well they do commit rapes and they are the problem. Sweden would have virtually no crime if it was 100% Swedish. I was referring more to refugees specifically with """"people""", but non-white privilege extends to all non-whites [/sarcasm]
    I am sorry, but are you retarded?

ReputationRep:
    Make Europe European again!

Reverse immigration, mass deportations

It'll be called genocide, when actually they'll be going back to their native lands. It's our humogenous population destroyed by immigration not theirs.

How can you make them out to be the victims? LOL

Brown skin privilege

ReputationRep:
    You actually don't make sense. The British killed more and enslaved more on a shorter time period.
    Pretty well all the European-owned slaves were enslaved by other Africans; the Europeans didn't capture them, they bought them. And it was the British that made the trade illegal. Arabs carried on slaving until forced to stop by the Europeans over a century later, and then only grudgingly. You seem to be denying that there was a massive Arab trade in slaves.

Are you saying that, because the Arabs their slaving for longer, it was somehow a better thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Attachment 615020
    Objectively true.

Sweden during the 90's was a paradise, crime has increased dramatically since immigration.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    a refugee who comes to European and rapes people forfeits their human rights as far as I am concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty well all the European-owned slaves were enslaved by other Africans; the Europeans didn't capture them, they bought them. And it was the British that made the trade illegal. Arabs carried on slaving until forced to stop by the Europeans over a century later, and then only grudgingly. You seem to be denying that there was a massive Arab trade in slaves.

Are you saying that, because the Arabs their slaving for longer, it was somehow a better thing?
    I didn't deny anything. Actually plenty of Africans were kidnapped, and there was a vast difference in internal slavery and the brutal and murderous slavery of Europeans, where many died being transported to the Americas. There wasn't mutual racism amongst Africans firstly, and that is a huge factor. I think you and the other poster are very ignorant and have a racist agenda.

I am against racist slavery and the ideology behind it, at the very least Ottoman slavery was against difference races.

ReputationRep:
    I think you and the other poster are very ignorant and have a racist agenda.
    Which is racist: to abhor slavery against anyone (as I do), or to believe slavery to have a sliding tariff of nastiness depending on the race of the victim and slaver )as you do)?

ReputationRep:
    Which is racist: to abhor slavery against anyone (as I do), or to believe slavery to have a sliding tariff of nastiness depending on the race of the victim and slaver )as you do)?
    Hello? When did I say I support racism etc? You are twisted and twisting things, it was only a few posts ago you were downplaying brutal European slavery!

You have no cause to argue, at all. I don't feel there is an argument to debate against, with you. Its all about protecting your own history with revisionism.

P.S. Quote me fully next time. Why are you hiding from my post?

ReputationRep:
    Hello? When did I say I support racism etc? You are twisted and twisting things, it was only a few posts ago you were downplaying brutal European slavery!

You have no cause to argue, at all. I don't feel there is an argument to debate against, with you. Its all about protecting your own history with revisionism.

P.S. Quote me fully next time. Why are you hiding from my post?
    I have never downplayed anything, unlike you who has repeatedly tried to make Arab slavery appear to be kind, non-existent, non-racist, not important or somehow better because it spread the misery across races or because they captured their own slaves and didn't buy them, or because it often didn't involve a sea journey. All slavery is abhorrent and brutal.

As for protecting my own history, I have never been involved in slavery, and condemn all forms of slavery. Presumably you are comfortable that Mohammed kept, captured and sold slaves and cannot bring yourself to condemn him for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NativesofEurope)
    a refugee who comes to European and rapes people forfeits their human rights as far as I am concerned.
    Well thankfully you'll never hold government office, what you think is irrelevant but the law in this area is clear. What about a European who rapes another European, are their rights void in your eyes? Thankfully the defendants in this case only raped one person they still deserve human rights in your opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well thankfully you'll never hold government office, what you think is irrelevant but the law in this area is clear. What about a European who rapes another European, are their rights void in your eyes? Thankfully the defendants in this case only raped one person they still deserve human rights in your opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If a European rapes they cant be deported ..... so DERP!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.