Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Judge refuses to deport Afghan men who gang-raped Swedish child Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NativesofEurope)
    If a European rapes they cant be deported ..... so DERP!
    You didn't say non-Europeans should be deported, you said they should lose their human rights

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    You didn't say non-Europeans should be deported, you said they should lose their human rights

Posted from TSR Mobile
    deportation and human rights are inextricably linked ..........DERP!

ReputationRep:
    deportation and human rights are inextricably linked ..........DERP!
    You said they should lose their human rights, that doesn't automatically mean they would be deported

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    a refugee who comes to European and rapes people forfeits their human rights as far as I am concerned.
    The great thing about human rights is that they are inalienable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    The realistic thing about them is that they depend almost entirely on where you are. If you are in North Korea you have none whatever. If you are a woman in Saudi Arabia you cannot even drive a car, lest it corrupts you. If you are a European you can use them to destroy the society that has given them to you, while if you are in Pakistan they depend on you not upsetting one of your neighbours.

Human rights are a societal construct and are no more inalienable than your head is to your body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    The realistic thing about them is that they depend almost entirely on where you are. If you are in North Korea you have none whatever. If you are a woman in Saudi Arabia you cannot even drive a car, lest it corrupts you. If you are a European you can use them to destroy the society that has given them to you, while if you are in Pakistan they depend on you not upsetting one of your neighbours.

Human rights are a societal construct and are no more inalienable than your head is to your body.
    Human rights are entrenched in our constitution and while there is no set of worldwide binding human rights most of Europe derives their human rights from the convention so there is a large degree of uniformity

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    In that case you would agree that the people of Sweden have the right to deport foreign child rapists?

Of course you don't, you get more kudos from the rest of the left wing morons defending child rapists than you do from defending their victims.

But hey why worry, as long as its someone elses child getting raped virtue signal all you want.

ReputationRep:
    Human rights are entrenched in our constitution and while there is no set of worldwide binding human rights most of Europe derives their human rights from the convention so there is a large degree of uniformity
    But you said human rights are inalienable. You have now changed to people's rights in Europe are reasonably safe while we continue to have stable government, which is rather more realistic, but is rather a drastic difference, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    In that case you would agree that the people of Sweden have the right to deport foreign child rapists?
    Can you show me where in the convention this right is mentioned please? How about a ruling from the court? (This is all rhetorical of course, there is no such human right obviously)

Of course you don't, you get more kudos from the rest of the left wing morons defending child rapists than you do from defending their victims.

But hey why worry, as long as its someone elses child getting raped virtue signal all you want.
    It's funny how people are so in favour of removing human rights when it's not them that would suffer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    But you said human rights are inalienable. You have now changed to people's rights in Europe are reasonably safe while we continue to have stable government, which is rather more realistic, but is rather a drastic difference, isn't it?
    When did I say human rights are inalienable? I think you're confusing me with someone else pal.

I wouldn't say human rights are inalienable, with the exception of the prohibition of torture. What I'm changing it to is 'people's rights in Europe are incredibly safe'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When did I say human rights are inalienable? I think you're confusing me with someone else pal.
    You are quite right, I did confuse you with Abstract_Prism. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by housat)
    As long as you are brown or black rape is pretty much legal in New Swedenistan.
    Unless you are Julian Assange.

ReputationRep:
    Can you show me where in the convention this right is mentioned please? How about a ruling from the court? (This is all rhetorical of course, there is no such human right obviously)

It's funny how people are so in favour of removing human rights when it's not them that would suffer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And its sick how people are in favour of defending child rapists when its not their child being raped.

ReputationRep:
    And its sick how people are in favour of defending child rapists when its not their child being raped.
    You're completely right, how disgusting that someone would be against torture. The law is objective, in law there is no place for subjectivity or empathy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're completely right, how disgusting that someone would be against torture. The law is objective, in law there is no place for subjectivity or empathy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To confirm.

You are relieved that the three Afghans who analy raped a young boy at knife point, will not be deported back to their homeland.

Yes?

ReputationRep:
    To confirm.

You are relieved that the three Afghans who analy raped a young boy at knife point, will not be deported back to their homeland.

Yes?
    I'm glad the rule of law has been followed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ah lovely. Typical right-wingers generalizing all Afghans then denying that they're racists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    ah lovely. Typical right-wingers generalizing all Afghans then denying that they're racists.
    The three rapists werent Afghans?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All child rapists should lose their human rights, regardless of race.

ReputationRep:
    All child rapists should lose their human rights, regardless of race.
    Thankfully you'll never be in a position to implement your archaic beliefs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.