Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it a myth that most men prefer long hair on women? Watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How come guys refer to 'biology' when thinking of the opposite sex. When girls are asked questions on what they like I never notice them refer to this bioology malarky. If people want to talk about biology well biologically both sexes have long hair. Biologically women dont have skirts or high heels. Hair length is a social construct (men used to have long hair and womenshort), its not biology.
    It is all about biology, even if women don't state it they still think in a primal way. Women are, and can afford to be, more pickier than men, again there is biology behind this.

I love long hair on a woman-like down to her lower back, it is so feminine. It may be a b!tch to comb through but I wouldn't stop sliding my fingers through it. Smooth, silky long hair mmmmm...

ahh #### I have curly hair that is a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: to grow due to shrinkage

ReputationRep:
    I've generally found it not be a myth, although obviously my sample size is small. I prefer long hair though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ahh #### I have curly hair that is a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: to grow due to shrinkage
    Tell me about it.

all depends on what suits people. i always thought that ever woman definitely looked better with longer hair but i have to admit that halle berry is one of the few women who actually looks better with shorter hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigofox)
    From comments I've read in the past etc it seems that 99.9 percent of hererosexual men prefer long hair over short. I've just been reading this though and wondered is it a bit of a myth?
    http://www.glamour.com/story/do-men-...efer-long-hair

I think it's interesting, what do you think? Replies from guys would be great
    I prefer longer hair, more to pull on when you're... Holding her hair back... When she's... throwing up... and you're there for her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.