Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm in my third year of uni and I wanted to know what I need to get in each of my 6 modules each work 20 credits to get a overall 2:1 as I got a 3rd in my second year. My uni is weighted as 30% second year and 70% in third year.

Some advise would be really nice Thankyou.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries007)
    Hey I'm in my third year of uni and I wanted to know what I need to get in each of my 6 modules each work 20 credits to get a overall 2:1 as I got a 3rd in my second year. My uni is weighted as 30% second year and 70% in third year.

Some advise would be really nice Thankyou.
    Pointless to go into 3rd year modules, but to get a 2:1 overall you need (assuming you got 45%, middle of 3rd)

(60 - (0.3*45))/0.7 = 66.42... this is assuming there are no bonus rules for your university, which you should check.

So with this assumption you would need to average 66.42 between all 6 modules.

ReputationRep:
    Would you say this is impossible or unrealistic ?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries007)
    Would you say this is impossible or unrealistic ?
    I do not have any advice for such a thing as I am only a third year uni student. However I would just say I would hope that it is possible, it just requires serious reflection of why you underperformed in Year 2 and what you need to do in each module to secure as high a grade as possible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.