Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Some women seem so off? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James385)
    Men are realistic when it comes to dating. Women have high egos. They listen to all the compliments people tell them and take them seriously. Women think the 'ken' will date them seriously after he has used her for sex. Women then reach older ages and decide they will end up alone unless they settle for a guy on their level.
    Everything you said goes completely against the academic, psychological literature.

Why do people express statements that are plucked purely from their uneducated head, as if it's fact/ evidence?

The vast majority of the psychological literature shows that women tend to rate themselves slightly lower than they actually are, whereas men rate themselves slightly higher.

The literature also suggests that women tend to seek men at a similar or slightly lower level of attractiveness than themselves. Whereas men tend to seek women at a similar, or slightly higher level of attractiveness.

These studies come from actual quality research institutions, and are published in peer reviewed, reputable journals, I can easily dig them out for you, because they are so numerous.

Yet. I can hazard a guess that you'll stick with your silly OkCupid study.
    A study from a dating website which presents, no source of bias at all.

Whilst you're at it, I'd like you to provide me with a psychological study which shows that women have "higher egos" than their male counterparts.
    I'd also like you to define "higher egos" please.

The only ego I see here comes from a boy who is claiming to have a great wealth of knowledge on a research area he knows nothing of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)

The literature also suggests that women tend to seek men at a similar or slightly lower level of attractiveness than themselves. Whereas men tend to seek women at a similar, or slightly higher level of attractiveness.
    How's it measured?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    How's it measured?
    I'm casting my mind back a few years, but I'm pretty sure the participants provided some form of self-reported attractiveness rating.
    And then their "objective" rating was provided by a pool of "judges".

I can't really remember how they reported their own rating.

ReputationRep:
    I'm casting my mind back a few years, but I'm pretty sure the participants provided some form of self-reported attractiveness rating.
    And then their "objective" rating was provided by a pool of "judges".

I can't really remember how they reported their own rating.
    No bias there

Sounds fun.

aspergers? i think it's The ones who look like they should never have kids are the main ones. It's apparently really difficult to diagnose in women.

proof is here:
    lemonparty.org

(Original post by Craghyrax)
      Then don't :eyeball:
      And find different people to be around.
      A stern reply but about as useful as a second hand condom. This post may appear ironic, but unhelpful posts are very common and for this reason I do classify them as an "everyday issue". I believe pointing out such advice to their creators is useful in the regard that it may make people think more about the advice they give in future.

I have plenty of experience in giving crap advice so I am well qualified to judge whether or not advice given is indeed unhelpful.

"find different people to be around". Yeah like its that simple. At least you could expand upon this by telling him to join a club or recommend a good dating site or something.

Craghyrax
      TSR Support Team

Sorry I meant to be a bit rude but I would expect more from someone with "Support Team" listed under their username.

I would say avoid them altogether usually If they have no facial expressions that match the music of the soul. A quite about Heathcliff from Wuthering heights and I can't describe How many I come across I am always convinced there is a psychological reason for how much there lecturing and need to control everything that if's decide but I wouldn't go out In the first place or very rarely as à part of a much larger group that's bonding.

ReputationRep:
      Everything you said goes completely against the academic, psychological literature.

Why do people express statements that are plucked purely from their uneducated head, as if it's fact/ evidence?

The vast majority of the psychological literature shows that women tend to rate themselves slightly lower than they actually are, whereas men rate themselves slightly higher.

These studies come from actual quality research institutions, and are published in peer reviewed, reputable journals, I can easily dig them out for you, because they are so numerous.

Yet. I can hazard a guess that you'll stick with your silly OkCupid study.
      A study from a dating website which presents, no source of bias at all.

Whilst you're at it, I'd like you to provide me with a psychological study which shows that women have "higher egos" than their male counterparts.
      I'd also like you to define "higher egos" please.

The only ego I see here comes from a boy who is claiming to have a great wealth of knowledge on a research area he knows nothing of.

It's late ....and I can't be bothered to get into this

but just so you know, I disagree with this post

Spoiler:
      Show

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ANM775)
      It's late ....and I can't be bothered to get into this

but just so you know, I disagree with this post

Spoiler:
      Show

What you mean to say is that you don't like this post. We don't often like the truth

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
      They'd scare me. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
      Same :rofl:

(Original post by Anonymous)
      Prince

Knew i recognized you from somewhere lol...
      http://www.girlsaskguys.com/qt/how-d...i-m-attractive
      Are you obsessed with forums?
      Hi James

ReputationRep:
      I met up with my mate and a bunch of girls he knows through a friend. I'm a nice enough guy etc without being a push over. One of the girls brought a male friend. Out of all of the 8 of those who joined us the only guy was by far the most nice person. A few of the girls were nice... but some... it just seemed like whenever you spoke to them they were constantly judging/assuming I was interested in them. My male friend who I went with said the same things.

I don't want to categorize all women like this... but in general women seem so distant from men unless they fancy them... as if they are not worth their time... when most aren't remotely interesting themselves.
      most women are super boring.

All most of them do with their lives is:

work/study
      shop
      eat
      netflix
      bar/club
      gym

rinse & repeat 7 days a week, 24/7

Dont let any woman look down at you. if they do **** them

ReputationRep:
      Just learn to not care and improve yourself. You will become truly happy that way . You don't need a girlfriend really to have a good life and be successful. Improve yourself and everything else will fall into place. Be thankful for what you have, some people are homeless, others are racked with mental I'll health which means they will never have a successful life let alone a relationship. Just put things into perspective and realise there is more important stuff for you

ReputationRep:
      I wasn't really speaking in the sense of finding a girlfriend (sort of seeing someone atm). I completely agree though... with girls in general in terms of making friends/chatting. They just have no humor or interesting chat and at the same time a lot come across as very off towards men compared to how they treat women.

ReputationRep:
      Yes... but 70%? i find a LARGE amount of women seem to be like that... how many men?.. very few. Women seem to have some sort of reserved attitude to men unless they fancy them or something or if they are not hetrosexual.
      no this is your opinion

ReputationRep:
      Because almost all girls are *****es. That's why I barely have any girl friends.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.