Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beastylki579)
    Thanks im going to try and apply there if i decide on medicine but it is quite unrealistic that Ill get a place either that or optometry at manchester
    I think Manchester would be a good one to apply to as long as your UKCAT is 'decent' (their cut-off is not very high for interview).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    I think Manchester would be a good one to apply to as long as your UKCAT is 'decent' (their cut-off is not very high for interview).
    I thought that too but they require 5 As at i was thinking of southampton gateway to med and durham maybe st andrews pathway to medicine then imperial or Leicester and plymouth something like that. They've got certain requirements but i tick most of their boxes so i might get into at least one of them i seriously dont like pharmacy so id rather not go into it .Also heard bad news about science extended degree saying that theyr pretty bad because it doesnt guarantee you into what you want to do

ReputationRep:
    I've got 1A 7B's 4C's at GCSE and I am taking Biology Chemistry and Psychology and Religous studies.I know I did bad but now that I am looking at the requirements, But most universities would not accept me due to my low grades.
    I've had bad circumstances and meet most of the requirements for gateway to medicine at Durham but sadly they don't do it anymore. I'd like to apply this year in October but most people have discouraged me from doing so. Besides Imperial are there any other universities that would even consider me ?
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.