Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When applying for my ucas and picking university. I filled out my result using my level 2 math and my level 2 English which I achieved during the year i spent In college I lived in ireland after my junior cert i came to the uk then began college as my Junior cert grade is equivalent to gcse. I have my junior cert result of which i achieved during the time spent at secondary school in Ireland. My question is could I swap the result i have placed on ucas from my Level 2 math and English with my Ireland junior cert With 8 subject. English (D), MATH (C), HISTORY (D), GEOGRAPHY (E), ART, CRAFT, DESIGN (C), BUSINESS STUDIES (C), MATERIAL TECHNOLOGY (C) and C.S.P.E (D).

Thank you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Any qualifications you have gained you must put on your UCAS form.

Also, please, remove your ID number...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Done

ReputationRep:
    Any qualifications you have gained you must put on your UCAS form.

Hello i have filled out my ucas without putting the qualification gained from my Irish Junior Cert, since i too my junior cert in Ireland, I came over to the UK moved straight into college, i was prompt to do a level 2 math and English which was the result i place into my ucas including a level 3 foundation course i took. gsce math and english was not available to me at college due to i am a C for english and D for math.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wole2017)
    Hello i have filled out my ucas without putting the qualification gained from my Irish Junior Cert, since i too my junior cert in Ireland, I came over to the UK moved straight into college, i was prompt to do a level 2 math and English which was the result i place into my ucas including a level 3 foundation course i took. gsce math and english was not available to me at college due to i am a C for english and D for math.
    You still have to put in your junior certs. All qualifications. No swapping. Every qualification you have sat, you have to put in.

ReputationRep:
    You still have to put in your junior certs. All qualifications.

I have already submitted my ucas two weeks ago using my Level 3 course, English math and English level 2 instead of using my JC result. I need help as i am not sure if i will get on the course i had applied for due to the mistake i made.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have already submitted my ucas two weeks ago using my Level 3 course, English math and English level 2 instead of using my JC result. I need help as i am not sure if i will get on the course i had applied for due to the mistake i made.
    You need to call up UCAS and ask to add in results, I would reckon. No removing of the level course, just add in your JCs.

I'm right in thinking you can ask UCAS this jneill?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You need to call up UCAS and ask to add in results, I would reckon. No removing of the level course, just add in your JCs.

You can email [email protected] with the details and they can add the correct qualifications

ReputationRep:
    Please don't panic.Just email all the unis you
    Have applied for and tell them you forgot to put a certain qualification on and give them the results of that qualification.you might have to email them a copy of the certificate but I can't see why it would be a problem x

ReputationRep:

Thanks everyone so much for the quick response and answer, I will keep a cool head and get in touch with the uni of my chosen choice. I will keep update.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:

Yes. And also contact the universities too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Yes. And also contact the universities too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Will do so Thank you very much everyone.

ReputationRep:
    You still have to put in your junior certs. All qualifications. No swapping. Every qualification you have sat, you have to put in.
    Hello, I have updated my qualification by contacting ucas. I have received offer from 3 uni's but one calls me to do English admission test. Please what does this test include. E,g essay? Thank every one for helping me out!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have updated my qualification by contacting ucas. I have received offer from 3 uni's but one calls me to do English admission test. Please what does this test include. E,g essay? Thank every one for helping me out!
    The test will be specific to the uni and the course, so if you give more details you may get more help.

It may be an essay. It may be reading a paragraph and answering questions on it to see if you understand what it says (this is called reading comprehension). There may be a listening aspect, where someone reads something out and you answer questions.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    As per Juno, and just ask the university what is involved.

Here's an example from Sheffield (other universities may be different):
    http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/eltc/englishtests/usept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    The test will be specific to the uni and the course, so if you give more details you may get more help.

It may be an essay. It may be reading a paragraph and answering questions on it to see if you understand what it says (this is called reading comprehension). There may be a listening aspect, where someone reads something out and you answer questions.
    I applied to computer science. I dont have to do a math test but just English.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.