Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    The simple truth is, if you complain about Trumps "Muslim Ban" while ignoring many Muslim states "Jew Ban" you are an hypocrite.
    And if you try to defend Trumps Muslim ban by pointing to Saudi Arabia's ban on Jews entering the country, then you don't really have a leg to stand on. Both are ridiculous. It is quite well known that Saudi Arabia is a backwards theocratic state and people often criticise this, but that America should even consider stooping down to the level of Saudi Arabia is rather worrying. These things are expected from backwards theocratic states, not America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    90% believe in God: http://www.gallup.com/poll/193271/am...lieve-god.aspx
    32% believe in scientific evolution: http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...ral-selection/

Spoiler:
    Show

NB. The latter source cites a Pew Forum poll from 2013: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/1...tion-12-30.pdf

Those polls have a sample size of approx 1000 people

ReputationRep:
    How many of the SJWs currently wetting themselves over Trumps "Muslim Ban" are aware that Obama banned all Iraqi refugees from entering the US for a period of six months in 2011?

Of course all of you are aware because no doubt you kicked up a big stink at the time,right?

Right?

(Original post by anarchism101)
      iirc those who acquire dual citizenship voluntarily can have their US citizenship revoked?
      That's technically true - if the citizenship of a foreign country is acquired with intent to give up US citizenship, then it can be revoked. However, since the 1990s it has to be active intent, so you would have to declare that you have acquired another citizenship with the intention of giving up US citizenship, meaning all the control rests with the individual.

What I was wondering was how the US government would know someone holds another citizenship in the first place. If an American walks into the Irish embassy in DC, submits the relevant documents, and receives an Irish passport a week later, how would the US government know this had happened?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hydeman)
      That's technically true - if the citizenship of a foreign country is acquired with intent to give up US citizenship, then it can be revoked. However, since the 1990s it has to be active intent, so you would have to declare that you have acquired another citizenship with the intention of giving up US citizenship, meaning all the control rests with the individual.

What I was wondering was how the US government would know someone holds another citizenship in the first place. If an American walks into the Irish embassy in DC, submits the relevant documents, and receives an Irish passpory a week later, how would the US government know this had happened?
      Ah, fair point.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The Epicurean)
      And if you try to defend Trumps Muslim ban by pointing to Saudi Arabia's ban on Jews entering the country, then you don't really have a leg to stand on. Both are ridiculous. It is quite well known that Saudi Arabia is a backwards theocratic state and people often criticise this, but that America should even consider stooping down to the level of Saudi Arabia is rather worrying. These things are expected from backwards theocratic states, not America.
      No, i am not defending Trumps Muslim ban by pointing to Saudi Arabia's Jew ban.

I am pointing out YOUR silence regarding Saudi Arabia's Jew ban to highlight your rank hypocrisy over Trump's actions.

Trumps ban needs no defending,in fact i would criticise him for not going far enough.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
      No, i am not defending Trumps Muslim ban by pointing to Saudi Arabia's Jew ban.

I am pointing out YOUR silence regarding Saudi Arabia's Jew ban to highlight your rank hypocrisy over Trump's actions.
      What silence? I just criticise it in the post of mine you just quoted. I stated quite clearly that "Saudi Arabia's ban on Jews entering the country... [is] ridiculous." Please enlighten me how vocally criticising the policy is taking a silent stance?

Trumps ban needs no defending,in fact i would criticise him for not going far enough.
      But you are defending a ban on Muslims by pointing at Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia's ban on Jews entering the country should be criticised, not copied.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Therec00)
      Don't worry, there are many threads on the forum started by SJWs deeply concerned by Mexico's dreadful treatment of illegal immigrants........

Im sure one of our SJWs will point us in the right direction to find them.

Anyone?

Ah! I wish you could buy shares in left wing hypocrisy!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hezzlington)
      Those polls have a sample size of approx 1000 people
      Medical studies which are aimed providing effective medicine to the whole worlds population often run on similar sample sizes.

That wall is not in Mexico but is in fact in Qalqilya in Israel.

ReputationRep:
      Medical studies which are aimed providing effective medicine to the whole worlds population often run on similar sample sizes.

Thats totally different.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hezzlington)
      Thats totally different.

Don't worry, there are many threads on the forum started by SJWs deeply concerned by Mexico's dreadful treatment of illegal immigrants........

Im sure one of our SJWs will point us in the right direction to find them.

Anyone?

Ah! I wish you could buy shares in left wing hypocrisy!
      Ah, you mean the Mexican clamp down Central Americans passing through Mexico on way to the United States? The US plays a central role in supporting this policy. To quote the Financial Times from last year:

"The US is coy about its role in Mexico’s crackdown but is sending $75m in equipment and training to help stop Central Americans from crossing illegally into Mexico"
      https://www.ft.com/content/c316294a-...e-647294649b28

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Palmyra)
      And during the last 5-10 years the remaining Jews in Iran have largely rejected huge cash (etc) incentives to move to Israel - this is important.
      Nobody says that Jews live in poverty in Iran. Most of Iranian Jews are religious and religious families usually have many children. The decrease of Jewish population in Iran shows that this population is an aged population and old people are reluctant to live their places.
      Today more Iranian-born Jews live in Israel than in Iran.
      No one knows how temporal - it looks likely that he will simply renew the EO at the end of the 90 days.
      Let's wait.
      Why is a government's policy relevant here? If Iranian students study in the US (as thousands do) then I think we can safely assume they do not hate the US - besides, there is already a stringent vetting process in place, this blanket ban is misguided and unnecessary.
      Are you a student or a Jew doesn't matter: if you come from a hostile country you are a potential security threat. This is an urgent temporarily order. Apparently the current vetting process is not good enough and in 90 days it should be replaced.

ReputationRep:

Ah, you mean the Mexican clamp down Central Americans passing through Mexico on way to the United States? The US plays a central role in supporting this policy. To quote the Financial Times from last year:

"The US is coy about its role in Mexico’s crackdown but is sending $75m in equipment and training to help stop Central Americans from crossing illegally into Mexico"
      https://www.ft.com/content/c316294a-...e-647294649b28
      Exactly.

Now, can you direct me to the threads expressing your deep concern regarding Mexico's treatment of illegal aliens?

ReputationRep:

That is true. Shame on me for using propaganda.

However, can you address the OTHER picture and comment on that.

ReputationRep:
      Exactly.

Now, can you direct me to the threads expressing your deep concern regarding Mexico's treatment of illegal aliens?
      Of course Mexican treatment of Central American immigrants recieves less attention. Much like mass shootings in Mexico receive less attention than mass shootings in the US. When multiple people were shot dead in a gay bar in Mexico, it didn't make front page news or have multiple threads on TSR created about it. I myself discussed the Orlando shooting on TSR when it happened, but I didn't mention a word about the shooting in the gay bar in Mexico. It's quite clear that issues in America receive more attention than issues in Mexico.

Could you point me out your concern for Central American immigrants in Mexico prior to this? It would appear that you are only making excuses and feigning interest.

That is true. Shame on me for using propaganda.

However, can you address the OTHER picture and comment on that.
      Mexico has a pretty bad record on this issue. There is a good film called Sin Nombre which documents Central Americans and their treatment in Mexico on their way to the United States. So it is something that has received attention before. There is no harm in raising the issue around Mexico's treatment of Central American immigrants and putting pressure on them to improve their human rights records. But I do take issue with people feigning to care but only using it to defend Trumps policies.

ReputationRep:
      Of course Mexican treatment of Central American immigrants recieves less attention. Much like mass shootings in Mexico receive less attention than mass shootings in the US. When multiple people were shot dead in a gay bar in Mexico, it didn't make front page news or have multiple threads on TSR created about it. I myself discussed the Orlando shooting on TSR when it happened, but I didn't mention a word about the shooting in the gay bar in Mexico. It's quite clear that issues in America receive more attention than issues in Mexico.

Could you point me out your concern for Central American immigrants in Mexico prior to this? It would appear that you are only making excuses and feigning interest.
      I have no concern for Central American immigrants in Mexico or Mexican and Muslim immigrants to the US whatsoever.

Never claimed to have.

Your kind on the other hand, pretend deep concern for the world's oppressed.

Yet in reality you ignore the plight of millions because they are oppressed by Muslims or non-whites.

Your compassion is highly selective.

ReputationRep:
      "Pakistan could be included in immigration ban list in future, says White House"
      http://m.timesofindia.com/world/us/p...w/56860913.cms

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Vikram Mansingh)
        "Pakistan could be included in immigration ban list in future, says White House"
        http://m.timesofindia.com/world/us/p...w/56860913.cms

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Don't we need Pakistan as an ally in the region?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Mathemagicien)
        Don't we need Pakistan as an ally in the region?
        Well, Iraq is technically classed as an "ally" against terrorism, but they're still in the ban.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.