Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Seems a federal judge in New York has already blocked part of the ban, so, not very effective at all then.
    Someone else who posts before getting facts:

He only bars deportations. It's right there on google...

Spoiler:
    Show

US judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban | Daily Mail Online

www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/.../Trump-order-bars-refugees-entering-US-4-months.htm...1 hour ago - WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge issued an emergency order Saturday night temporarily barring the U.S. from deporting people from ...

Judge bars U.S. from deporting travelers with valid visas covered by ...

www.cbsnews.com/.../judge-bars-us-from-deporting-travelers-with-valid-visas-covere...2 hours ago - NEW YORK -- A federal judge in New York has barred the U.S. from deporting travelers with valid visas covered by President Trump's executive ...

U.S. judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban

www.arkansasonline.com/news/.../us-judge-bars-deportations-under-trump-travel-ban...51 mins ago - WASHINGTON — A federal judge issued an emergency order Saturday night temporarily barring the U.S. from deporting people from nations ...

U.S. judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban | World | News ...

www.torontosun.com/.../trump-expected-to-sign-directive-halting-refugee-flows-to-us1 day ago - President Donald Trump on Friday intended to sign an executive action Friday temporarily halting the flow of refugees into the United States ...

U.S. judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban - Press Enterprise

www.pe.com/articles/judge-824292-deporting-subject.html1 hour ago - A federal judge in New York has issued an emergency order temporarily barring the U.S.from deporting people from nations subject to ...

US judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban - KXXV-TV News ...

www.kxxv.com/story/34368552/us-judge-bars-deportations-under-trump-travel-banA federal judge issued an emergency order Saturday night temporarily barring the U.S. from deporting people from nations subject to President Donald Trump's ...

US judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban - CBS News 8 ...

www.cbs8.com/story/34368551/us-judge-bars-deportations-under-trump-travel-banA federal judge issued an emergency order Saturday night temporarily barring the U.S. from deporting people from nations subject to President Donald Trump's ...

US judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban - KSLA News 12 ...

www.ksla.com/story/34368552/us-judge-bars-deportations-under-trump-travel-banA federal judge issued an emergency order Saturday night temporarily barring the U.S. from deporting people from nations subject to President Donald Trump's ...

12345678910Next

They have NOT barred the ban from Muslims coming in as of now. And I will say I never said I was ok with deportations. I see no wrong with limiting who can come in a country though. According to wolfmoon88 people are already being banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Also, and I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a blanket Muslim ban. It's a temporary ban on immigrants from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen (persecuted religious minorities can come through though).
    It's idiotic, the "ban" makes no sense. If it's meant to ban Muslims, then it still allows vast numbers of Muslims from other countries in. If it's meant to "ban" terrorists, then why on earth is it banning everyone from those countries including people who already possess a US green card (residency permit)?

The policy is insane; it's completely incoherent and only mentally ill people support it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)

The policy is insane; it's completely incoherent and only mentally ill people support it.
    62,979,879 people voted for Trump and he has support and supporters from other countries. That's a lot of mentally ill people. Have you got a better argument than that?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    62,979,879 people voted for Trump and he has support and supporters from other countries. That's a lot of mentally ill people.
    Indeed it is. Unfortunately we're seeing the sort of mass psychosis we saw in Nazi Germany. The fact that a lot of people support something, or believe in an idea, doesn't mean I have to respect it. The fact that a lot of stupid people believe something doesn't require me to think it's a worthy idea just by weight of numbers. And I don't respect it; I think you're of low intelligence and lacking in morals.

A poll recently showed that even when shown pictures side by side of the Obama inauguration and the Trump inauguration, where the Obama inauguration clearly has more people (about a million more), they say that the Trump inauguration had more. These people are mentally ill.

As for the policy itself, it's completely incoherent. Not a single American, in America, has been killed since 9/11 by someone coming into the country from one of the banned countries. So yes; if you support this bizarre, disruptive, destructive policy, that exempts countries like Saudi Arabia from which the 9/11 hijackers came, for no other reason than your own bigotry and ignorance, then you indeed suffer from mental illness. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it is. Unfortunately we're seeing the sort of mass psychosis we saw in Nazi Germany.

A poll recently showed that even when shown pictures side by side of the Obama inauguration and the Trump inauguration, where the Obama inauguration clearly has more people (about a million more), they say that the Trump inauguration had more. These people are mentally ill.

This policy is completely incoherent. Not a single American, in America, has been killed since 9/11 by someone coming into the country from one of the banned countries. So yes; if you support this bizarre, disruptive, destructive policy, that exempts countries like Saudi Arabia from which the 9/11 hijackers came, for no other reason than your own bigotry and ignorance, then you indeed suffer from mental illness.

Get professional help.
    ...You do realise that no matter what you say the ban is in effect, with several conditions, and only some are being temporarily reviewed, don't you?

Again I point out that he is letting migrants in still. People on TSR are incredible; they post with no knowledge.
    • Political Ambassador

Indeed it is. Unfortunately we're seeing the sort of mass psychosis we saw in Nazi Germany. The fact that a lot of people support something, or believe in an idea, doesn't mean I have to respect it. The fact that a lot of stupid people believe something doesn't require me to think it's a worthy idea just by weight of numbers. And I don't respect it; I think you're of low intelligence and lacking in morals.

As for the policy itself, it's completely incoherent. Not a single American, in America, has been killed since 9/11 by someone coming into the country from one of the banned countries. So yes; if you support this bizarre, disruptive, destructive policy, that exempts countries like Saudi Arabia from which the 9/11 hijackers came, for no other reason than your own bigotry and ignorance, then you indeed suffer from mental illness. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    PRSOM

Great post.

ReputationRep:
    Again I point out that he is letting migrants in still
    You seem to be confused. This article explains the ban

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/28/us/trumps-immigration-ban-disapproval-applause.html?hp&action=click&pg type=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Although with your low level of intelligence and mental health problems you may have difficulty focusing on the facts contained therein

ReputationRep:
    X.
    Oh and I edited my post to include more withering comments about your low intelligence and mental health issues. Feel free to go back and read it.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be confused. This article explains the ban

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/28/us/trumps-immigration-ban-disapproval-applause.html?hp&action=click&pg type=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Although with your low level of intelligence and mental health problems you may have difficulty focusing on the facts contained therein
    Lol at quoting the NY Times, a paper targeting those with at most the 8 year old reading level. Anyway I've read that exact article. Any 5 year old with the internet can find it, so well done.

But you seem to have missed all these

Federal judge bars US from deporting travelers with valid visas ...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/.../federal-judge-bars...trump.../story.html25 mins ago - Federal judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban. E-Mail ... The judge's order affected only a portion of Trump's executive action. As the ...

Judge bars U.S. from deporting travelers with valid visas covered by ...

www.cbsnews.com/.../judge-bars-us-from-deporting-travelers-with-valid-visas-covere...2 hours ago - NEW YORK -- A federal judge in New York has barred the U.S. from deporting travelers with valid visas covered by President Trump's executive ...

US judge bars deportations under Trump's travel ban | The Japan Times

www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/01/.../u-s-judge-bars-deportations-trumps-travel-ban/1 hour ago - A federal judge issued an emergency order Saturday night temporarily barring the U.S. from deporting people from nations subject to President ...

U.S. judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban

www.arkansasonline.com/news/.../us-judge-bars-deportations-under-trump-travel-ban...1 hour ago - WASHINGTON — A federal judge issued an emergency order Saturday night temporarily barring the U.S. from deporting people from nations ...

U.S. judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban | World | News ...

www.torontosun.com/.../trump-expected-to-sign-directive-halting-refugee-flows-to-us1 day ago - President Donald Trump on Friday intended to sign an executive action Friday temporarily halting the flow of refugees into the United States ...

U.S. judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban - Press Enterprise

www.pe.com/articles/judge-824292-deporting-subject.html2 hours ago - A federal judge in New York has issued an emergency order temporarily barring the U.S.from deporting people from nations subject to ...

New York judge bars U.S. from deporting travelers with valid visas ...

abc7news.com/politics/federal-judge-bars-us-from-deporting...trump.../1726156/23 mins ago - Hundreds of protesters showed up to the International Terminal at SFO Saturday to demonstrate against President Donald Trump's immigration ...

US judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban | News 12 Long ...

longisland.news12.com/.../us-judge-bars-deportations-under-trump-travel-ban-1.1302...2 hours ago - Cairo airport officials say seven U.S.-bound migrants - six from Iraq and one from Yemen - have been prevented from boarding an EgyptAir ...

The only discrepancy is over deportation, so far.

And the fact that he is still going to let 50,000 migrants in.

(Original post by EC)
    PRSOM

Great post.
    you don't even know who Mike Pence is but you pasted his tweet :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I edited my post to include more withering comments about your low intelligence and mental health issues. Feel free to go back and read it.
    Just because other uninformed children on TSR agree with you it doesn't mean you're right. If anyone has mental health issues it's you with your false illusions of grandeur. And like I said, the ban is in effect. So do you want fries with that burn?

ReputationRep:
    Lol at quoting the NY Times, a paper targeting those with at most the 8 year old reading level. Anyway I've read that exact article. Any 5 year old with the internet can find it, so well done.
    It's targeted at those with an 8 year old reading level, but you couldn't get a job there if you tried. So what does that say about you, bubba?

And the fact that he is still going to let 50,000 migrants in.
    And that fact means what? You seem to be confused.

Anyway, it's my policy not to interact with attention-seeking, mental cases. Added you to my block list. Bye

ReputationRep:
    Why are people up in arms?

The ban isn't even going to last for an entire year. One source says for 90 days, another says 120 days. There's millions of satisfied people, and there's millions of angry people. I'm proud to be in the former group. Say what you want.

ReputationRep:
    false illusions
    A false illusion? Is there any other kind? Real illusions? :lol:

And like I said, the ban is in effect. So do you want fries with that burn?
    Another swing and a miss. Go on, stamp your tiny foot.

Anyway, block list. Night bubba
    • Political Ambassador

You're delusional. I know who he is, that's why I posted it in the first place. I'm not the one who said "whoever's post that is" lmfao.. You're calling everyone misinformed, but you didn't even bother to read the other posts in this thread which were relevant to this discussion. You misinterpret a lot as well.

And your arguments can't even be called arguments.

Name:  image.png
Views: 10
Size:  144.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    It's targeted at those with an 8 year old reading level, but you couldn't get a job there if you tried. So what does that say about you, bubba?

And that fact means what? You seem to be confused.

Anyway, it's my policy not to interact with attention-seeking, mental cases. Added you to my block list. Bye
    Who gets satisfaction from typing insults. Yes run along and block me because you can't handle what I say next. He's like those people on Jeremy Kyle who run off the stage when they get yelled at lol

ReputationRep:
    A false illusion? Is there any other kind? Real illusions? :lol:

Another swing and a miss. Go on, stamp your tiny foot.

Anyway, block list. Night bubba
    "Night?" It's morning...You're not hard at all. You're actually trying to insult me on the internet ":lol:"

And again the ban is in effect so you're just mad.

It's only for 90 days, don't cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    There are more Americans in ISIS than Iranians in ISIS.
    In general, there does seem to be a higher incidence of people from Western countries joining ISIS. I remember looking at the figures last year and I found this:

France
    1,200 have joined ISIS
    Estimated Muslim population is 5 million
    240 ISIS members per million Muslims in France

Belgium
    440 have joined ISIS
    Estimated Muslim population is 660,000
    667 ISIS members per million Muslims in Belgium

Indonesia
    500 have joined ISIS
    Estimated Muslim population is 205 million
    2.4 ISIS members per million Muslims in Indonesia

India
    18 have joined ISIS
    Estimated Muslim population is 172 million
    0.1 ISIS members per million Muslims in India

Going based on this, one might consider it more appropriate to ban Muslims from Belgium entering the US.

ReputationRep:
    it's only for 90 days, don't cry.
    Well firstly I must thank you for gracing my thread with your intellect and civility.

Secondly, the EO is liable to be renewed at the end of this 90 day period (for another 90 days), as the wording of the EO itself suggests will be the case. I presume he will simply renew the EO every 90 days until he deems the 'crisis' to have been "solved" by his own amazing policies.

Thirdly, the point of the Mike Pence tweet was to show that in December 2015 he said that such a ban would be terrible and unconstitutional, but now he's blindly supporting Trump and the ban.

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly I must thank you for gracing my thread with your intellect and civility.

Secondly, the EO is liable to be renewed at the end of this 90 day period (for another 90 days), as the wording of the EO itself suggests will be the case. I presume he will simply renew the EO every 90 days until he deems the 'crisis' to have been "solved" by his own amazing policies.

Thirdly, the point of the Mike Pence tweet was to show that in December 2015 he said that such a ban would be terrible and unconstitutional, but now he's blindly supporting Trump and the ban.
    Yes. He *is* blindly supporting Trump and the ban. As he was when he wrote that tweet to cover himself. But over 60 million people also support it. I'm not saying it's a good idea. I am saying it's not as bad as rioting and protests. And while it sucks to be Muslim or from these countries, preventing terrorism is not a bad thing. He didn't even ban the most predominantly Muslim countries because first of all he's not exactly trying to. And you can't get mad at something that hasn't happened yet. As of now it's only for 90 or so days.

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't mocking you at all you paranoid moron.

What is it with chavs and being rude and confrontational?
    Look who's being rude and confrontational...and are you his spokesperson?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.