Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for the role of a fast track delivery driver for Argos. I don't have any suit on me as I'm at Uni.

WHAT DO I WEAR?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PhilipG1)
    I got an interview for the role of a fast track delivery driver for Argos. I don't have any suit on me as I'm at Uni.

WHAT DO I WEAR?
    As it's argos, I'd probably wear black trousers/jeans and a (white?) shirt, smartish shoes. As long as that's ironed and presentable, then you should look fine for it imo!

I'd possibly go as far to say a suit for this type on interview a little overkill - did they give you a dress code at all??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    As it's argos, I'd probably wear black trousers/jeans and a (white?) shirt, smartish shoes. As long as that's ironed and presentable, then you should look fine for it imo!

I'd possibly go as far to say a suit for this type on interview a little overkill - did they give you a dress code at all??
    I have Black Jeans, a black shirt. I dont own white shirts and I don't any smart shoes.
    It's looking good.

and no they didn't give me a dress code.

ReputationRep:
    mobbsy91 is entirely right here. A suit is entirely unnecessary for this job. Just something smart, along the smarter side of smart casual, even. No jeans, no trainers - nothing ripped or worn, nothing with slogans, or in overly bright colours.

Having read your second post, though, surely you have some smart shirts in muted colours - blue, lilac? And the lack of any smart shoes or trousers could be a bit of a trouble (you'll have to make do with black jeans if you've not got any smart trousers).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    mobbsy91 is entirely right here. A suit is entirely unnecessary for this job. Just something smart, along the smarter side of smart casual, even. No jeans, no trainers - nothing ripped or worn, nothing with slogans, or in overly bright colours.

Having read your second post, though, surely you have some smart shirts in muted colours - blue, lilac? And the lack of any smart shoes or trousers could be a bit of a trouble (you'll have to make do with black jeans if you've not got any smart trousers).
    I really don't have any other smart shirt colours except from black or any smart shoes.
    I have full black Nike SB, adidas NMDs, Vans and Yeezys.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I have Black Jeans, a black shirt. I dont own white shirts and I don't any smart shoes.
    It's looking good.

and no they didn't give me a dress code.
    Can you invest in a pair of black shoes.... they're not that expensive, and will be useful in the future as well...

ReputationRep:
    Can you invest in a pair of black shoes.... they're not that expensive, and will be useful in the future as well...
    They rang me today to set it up for tomorrow.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    They rang me today to set it up for tomorrow.
    Do you not have time to go out this afternoon?

ReputationRep:
    Just go to matalan or something dude, it takes 1 hour tops to get some cheapo smart clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not have time to go out this afternoon?
    I'm pretty packed today timewise I might be able to slip into TK Maxx or something but theres no guarantees.

What should I do if I don't have time
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I'm pretty packed today timewise I might be able to slip into TK Maxx or something but theres no guarantees.

Well, if you don't have time, then you're just going to have to pick the smartest out of what you have...!

ReputationRep:

Go tomorrow before your interview. We can't organise your time for you.

ReputationRep:
    I did get a job for a rental car company wearing a black sweatshirt, black jeans and my Nike SBs if that makes a difference haha

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.