Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any offers yet? If so, what grades are you predicted/have achieved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aishaaa101)
    Has anyone received any offers yet? If so, what grades are you predicted/have achieved?
    Hey! I've got an offer and I've selected it as my firm choice. I'm predicted BBC in chemistry, biology and health and social care. I've got a grade B in As health and social care. Have you got an offer? If so are you choosing this as your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifrana135)
    Hey! I've got an offer and I've selected it as my firm choice. I'm predicted BBC in chemistry, biology and health and social care. I've got a grade B in As health and social care. Have you got an offer? If so are you choosing this as your firm?

Hey, well done on the offer! I applied right before the deadline and havent heard back from them yet, but if I do get an offer it will definitely be my firm.When did you send off your application? When you got invited to interview, was it via post, email or track? Did you like have to log in to some portal or something? Could you tell me more of how the interview went and what to look out for, tips etc. Also, I'm assuming youre also applying for the transfer to leeds?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, well done on the offer! I applied right before the deadline and havent heard back from them yet, but if I do get an offer it will definitely be my firm.When did you send off your application? When you got invited to interview, was it via post, email or track? Did you like have to log in to some portal or something? Could you tell me more of how the interview went and what to look out for, tips etc. Also, I'm assuming youre also applying for the transfer to leeds?
    thank you!! I sent my application really early, like 14th October because I also applied for medicine and had to go for early entry. I got the request for an interview like 2 weeks after I think and I received it by email not track. interview requests don't usually show up on track. I also got an email from Bradford to log into this portal thing to upload details and documents. the interview request was there as well and I had to confirm my place on the portal. I was then emailed all the information. most of my contact with the university was through email. I did receive the interview request through the post but that was really late. I did reply to a post before on how the interview was and I’ll try to find it. basically the interview is nothing to be scared about. it is really informal and I found it quite easy. the whole interview process consisted of a group assessment activity in which everyone is split into groups of 6 and then given 3 case studies. we had to work as part of a team to figure out what condition each person from the case study we had. while we were doing this we were being watched by the interviews. for this bit the advice I can give is that they are looking to see how well you work in a team. so make sure you are confident and speaking with everyone and involving everyone. everyone is looking to shine out so make sure you stand out. also it helps to have some basic knowledge on common conditions such as asthma and other respiratory diseases. im not sure if it’s always respiratory diseases but my group had these. The second part was individual interviews. Most of the questions were what I wrote on my personal statement. They didn’t ask any questions about the transfer or any medicine questions. The interview itself was about 15 minutes and didn’t have any tricky question. These were the questions I was asked: what im currently studying in biology? I said nervous system as I knew this question was coming. I was then asked about the nervous system. They’ll ask at least one scientific knowledge based question. Im not sure they do this for everyone or just us who went fir early entry. But be prepared for some science related question. They’ll mostly ask you what you like in your subject and then ask a question about that. I was asked about work experience. Where I did it and what I learnt from it. What think abbot the university and why I chose it/like it? Name a time you worked as part of a team? For this question I’d recommend using unistats and then say basically I looked at unistats and this university has a high percentage of employment, student satisfaction. etc. Had I ever been to Bradford before? And that was it really. Like ive said to many people, if your called for interview its clear they like you now they just need to see if you are the person you said on your personal statement. The interview itself is really easy. Also I wouldn’t be worried that they haven’t got back to you yet, they have until March. To answer your last question yes ive applied because of the Leeds transfer. How about you? And where are you from? If you have any more questions and anyone else reading this post don’t hesitate to ask me.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Well done on your offer :biggrin:

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Please do not worry if you haven't heard anything back yet! Our admissions team are very busy at the moment

If you do have any queries about your application just drop us a PM.

Emma

ReputationRep:
    I am from London and my last question is how many of the widening access criteria do you satisfy out of the 8 I believe since I doubt they call people who only satisfy 2 to interview
    I can't remember exactly but it was more than 2. I think it was like 4. But I'm sure they'd still call you for an interview if you have 2 because they've said you have to fit at least 2.

ReputationRep:
    thank you!! I sent my application really early, like 14th October because I also applied for medicine and had to go for early entry. I got the request for an interview like 2 weeks after I think and I received it by email not track. interview requests don't usually show up on track. I also got an email from Bradford to log into this portal thing to upload details and documents. the interview request was there as well and I had to confirm my place on the portal. I was then emailed all the information. most of my contact with the university was through email. I did receive the interview request through the post but that was really late. I did reply to a post before on how the interview was and I’ll try to find it. basically the interview is nothing to be scared about. it is really informal and I found it quite easy. the whole interview process consisted of a group assessment activity in which everyone is split into groups of 6 and then given 3 case studies. we had to work as part of a team to figure out what condition each person from the case study we had. while we were doing this we were being watched by the interviews. for this bit the advice I can give is that they are looking to see how well you work in a team. so make sure you are confident and speaking with everyone and involving everyone. everyone is looking to shine out so make sure you stand out. also it helps to have some basic knowledge on common conditions such as asthma and other respiratory diseases. im not sure if it’s always respiratory diseases but my group had these. The second part was individual interviews. Most of the questions were what I wrote on my personal statement. They didn’t ask any questions about the transfer or any medicine questions. The interview itself was about 15 minutes and didn’t have any tricky question. These were the questions I was asked: what im currently studying in biology? I said nervous system as I knew this question was coming. I was then asked about the nervous system. They’ll ask at least one scientific knowledge based question. Im not sure they do this for everyone or just us who went fir early entry. But be prepared for some science related question. They’ll mostly ask you what you like in your subject and then ask a question about that. I was asked about work experience. Where I did it and what I learnt from it. What think abbot the university and why I chose it/like it? Name a time you worked as part of a team? For this question I’d recommend using unistats and then say basically I looked at unistats and this university has a high percentage of employment, student satisfaction. etc. Had I ever been to Bradford before? And that was it really. Like ive said to many people, if your called for interview its clear they like you now they just need to see if you are the person you said on your personal statement. The interview itself is really easy. Also I wouldn’t be worried that they haven’t got back to you yet, they have until March. To answer your last question yes ive applied because of the Leeds transfer. How about you? And where are you from? If you have any more questions and anyone else reading this post don’t hesitate to ask me.
    When did u get
    An offer
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm studying biology chemistry and btec business. AS grades : CC in bio and chem. Predictions for A2: BC and D*. I want to apply for this course but I can't just apply for this course alone. I'm stuck between studying pharmacy and optometry later on. So r there any other unis that provide a course like this. How likely am I to get into clinical sciences foundation year. What else do I apply for. We r in mid November and ive made a P.S but for pharmacy and I don't think I'll get I'm because of my grades so I need to apply for this foundation year but more of them. I'm freaking out. Please help....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waseem.S)
    Hey I'm studying biology chemistry and btec business. AS grades : CC in bio and chem. Predictions for A2: BC and D*. I want to apply for this course but I can't just apply for this course alone. I'm stuck between studying pharmacy and optometry later on. So r there any other unis that provide a course like this. How likely am I to get into clinical sciences foundation year. What else do I apply for. We r in mid November and ive made a P.S but for pharmacy and I don't think I'll get I'm because of my grades so I need to apply for this foundation year but more of them. I'm freaking out. Please help....
    Hi Waseem

I have sent you a message.

If you need any further information, hit me back.

Joe

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.