Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm looking at going to six form. I have some options I would like to take but it was pointed out that I should pick A-levels that go well together. Is this a huge deal? or should I pick ones which I don't want to because they work well together?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkIronsBarzakh)
    Hi, i'm looking at going to six form. I have some options I would like to take but it was pointed out that I should pick A-levels that go well together. Is this a huge deal? or should I pick ones which I don't want to because they work well together?
    Which subjects are you considering? Also, have you got any idea of what you want to do/study after A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Which subjects are you considering? Also, have you got any idea of what you want to do/study after A Levels?
    Hi, computer science, biology and possibly law. I was looking at a computer science course in Uni but possibly a master apprentiship which will get me through Uni for free.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi, computer science, biology and possibly law. I was looking at a computer science course in Uni but possibly a master apprentiship which will get me through Uni for free.
    Have you considered doing A Level Maths? I don't study computer science myself, but I have noticed that many universities require A Level Maths for it. Perhaps you'd consider taking Maths over Law?

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered doing A Level Maths? I don't study computer science myself, but I have noticed that many universities require A Level Maths for it. Perhaps you'd consider taking Maths over Law?
    I would like to do A level maths, unfortunately I do not have the ability to take it, my maths level is only entry level. I would struggle. Also I have seen some Unis ask for a science, would chemistry be a better subject than law? (on top of biology).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I would like to do A level maths, unfortunately I do not have the ability to take it, my maths level is only entry level. I would struggle. Also I have seen some Unis ask for a science, would chemistry be a better subject than law? (on top of biology).
    Yes, I think that Chemistry would be better to take than Law. Have you tried contacting a few universities to see what they think about your options?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think that Chemistry would be better to take than Law. Have you tried contacting a few universities to see what they think about your options?
    I agree
    Double check with units to see if they have any particular requirements

ReputationRep:
    wow, no i hadn't thought about that! Thanks you have helped loads! Amon Amarth for life man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I agree
    Double check with units to see if they have any particular requirements
    I have looked and most high-end Unis ask for maths and a science. I think that I may have to go to one not as good :/ Unless they will take me without.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    wow, no i hadn't thought about that! Thanks you have helped loads! Amon Amarth for life man!
    You're welcome!

Are you an Amon Amarth fan too?

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome!

Are you an Amon Amarth fan too?
    Hell yeah man! Raise your horns is my favourite, yours?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah man! Raise your horns is my favourite, yours?
    Awesome. At the moment it's Vengeance Is My Name, although it may change :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Awesome. At the moment it's Vengeance Is My Name, although it may change :yep:
    Good choice lol, I hope to see them live someday, have you?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Good choice lol, I hope to see them live someday, have you?
    I haven't seen them live yet, though I'd definitely consider it. I don't have any friends who like the same music as me though, and I don't really want to go alone, you know what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen them live yet, though I'd definitely consider it. I don't have any friends who like the same music as me though, and I don't really want to go alone, you know what I mean?
    Definatly get what you mean, they are best when shared, and would help spread travel costs.

ReputationRep:
    I have looked and most high-end Unis ask for maths and a science. I think that I may have to go to one not as good :/ Unless they will take me without.
    Id still take chemistry instead of law though.
    Look at other unis (not high end ones) and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Id still take chemistry instead of law though.
    Look at other unis (not high end ones) and see what they say.
    Yeah I have chemistry would be a better choice.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have chemistry would be a better choice.
    Thats good then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.