Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers from both northumbria and Leeds to study fashion communication/ marketing. I'm really struggling with which one to choose as my firm (they both have the same grade requirements). I've done pros and cons for both:

Leeds
    Closer to home
    Better university in general, good student union
    More business based course (I prefer this)
    Placement year available and good graduate prospects
    But the accommodation isn't great, it's much bigger than Newcastle
    Don't like the area as much or feel as comfortable in the city

Northumbria
    Really good accommodation, more likely to be put somewhere I want to be (you make three choices and almost always get one of them)
    Was always my first choice until I visited Leeds
    Love the area and have experienced nightlife' nicer feel of the student area and I visualise myself there/ feel more comfortable (maybe because I've visited it more than Leeds) - more sociable?
    Easier transport around the city, more compact
    If you have any experience with either courses, or know people who have, please help me decide! It's not just about the course for me as I want to be in a city with a buzzing social life and nice student area. I've visited both so already know what they're like, just can't choose between them!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Northumbria was my first choice for FC and Leeds was my 5th, I didn't even bother going to the interview in the end as Northumbria gave me an unconditional so that's where I'm going in September, I loved it! I have already sorted my accommodation and I'm in Liberty Quay (5 min walk from uni) you pick if you want a classic or premium en suite and that's what you get. Let me know if you want anymore info on that and let me know what you decided to do in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Im off to Northumbria to study Fashion Communication as well! I got an unconditional!

ReputationRep:
    aw yay well done!! Add me on facebook if you like 'Francesca Whyte' my profile pic is black and white! Have you sorted your accommodation out yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I found you but I can't add you hunnnnn!✨😩😩😩

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.