Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im picking my subjects for nat 5 in about a month but I'm not sure what's best for me if i want to become a GP. I've got two ideas about what to take but I don't know which one's better.
    Maths
    English
    French
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Philosophy
    History

Or

Maths
    English
    French
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Philosophy
    Hospitality (Food Tech)

I think history is better than Hospitality but I want to do a fun subject that could be useful.

ReputationRep:
    Idea 1, Hospitality is not useful and Higher History is really interesting

ReputationRep:
    Idea 1, Hospitality is useless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chenchenhu)
    Im picking my subjects for nat 5 in about a month but I'm not sure what's best for me if i want to become a GP. I've got two ideas about what to take but I don't know which one's better.
    Maths
    English
    French
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Philosophy
    History

Or

Maths
    English
    French
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Philosophy
    Hospitality (Food Tech)

I think history is better than Hospitality but I want to do a fun subject that could be useful.
    Do you have any idea what highers you would want to do? If you don't want to take history or hospitality to higher, either option would be fine and equally acceptable. If this is the case, just choose which one you like better, and would do best in. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chenchenhu)
    Maths
    English
    French
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Philosophy
    History

Or

Maths
    English
    French
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Philosophy
    Hospitality (Food Tech)

I did hospitality and it was bants

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're not going to take History to Higher then take hospitality lol. It's the best, easy to pass and easygoing.

ReputationRep:
    History is a lot, all your subjects are quite demanding if you think you could handle the workload and keep on top of it all then I would choose history as it is really interesting, but if you're not taking it to higher then hospitality sounds good

ReputationRep:
    I mean you don't need nat 5 physics for medicine right?
    If so then you can drop that and if you feel medicine is not for you later on, then you would still have a variety of subjects you could focus on for higher. If that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    Hospitality and food tech are not the same subject just saying! Food tech has a written exam

ReputationRep:
    I would go for your first idea. Personally, I prefer History and have chosen it to study at National 5 level, and I believe in my personal opinion it would be the best.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.