Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does having Spanish at a levels gives an edge on uni admission

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malvika_k)
    Does having Spanish at a levels gives an edge on uni admission
    Unless you want to study Spanish at university. And yes keep in mind that some universities don't accept languages taken at A-Level if you are a native speaker of them. Which your name suggests you're not
    What do you want to study at university anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohit_Rocks10)
    Unless you want to study Spanish at university. And yes keep in mind that some universities don't accept languages taken at A-Level if you are a native speaker of them. Which your name suggests you're not
    What do you want to study at university anyway?
    Judging by the area of the forum, I think they want to study Psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Judging by the area of the forum, I think they want to study Psychology
    Oops didn't see that

ReputationRep:
    I did Spanish A-level last year, and there's no denying that a language will always impress in an application (as will any 'traditional' subject.)

But, don't take it just because you believe it will impress. At the end of the day, a poor grade in Spanish will not look better than a higher grade in a different subject as meeting the requirements is a central part of the criteria.

If you enjoy Spanish and think you're good at it, then go for it. It's an enjoyable A-level and a well respected one. But it is a lot of work and a big step up from GCSE, so bear that in mind

ReputationRep:
    If you want advice on a level choices, this article is very good https://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/media...ices-print.pdf

Aside from fulfilling the basic a level requirements (which is often two science a level and C+ GCSE maths for psychology) they don't really care much about whether or not you've done spanish.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2017
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.