Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    So basically, I have been trying to calculate what I need in order to get a 2:1 this year. I have been ill for the past 2/3 years which means I haven't been able to do as well at uni so far as I possibly could have done. In my first year I got an average of 56.38 (only worth 10% of the degree), in my second year I got an average of 48.75(worth 30% of the degree) so I wanted to know what I would need to get this year in order to get a 2:1. At this rate, I'm not even hoping for a great 2:1 but just 60% even, anything to get my foot in the door kind of thing. I have made some calculations myself-just not sure if they're fully correct. Also, I would be really grateful if anyone could help me out in terms of what average I would need to get in each module, I'm doing 6 modules each worth 15 and a disso worth 30 credits. If anyone does feel like helping- a massive thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    You need 66.23% this year to get a 60% average over the three years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.