Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who else going to university in 2018? What A-Levels do you do? What university? What course for? And what were your GCSEs.
    I do Physics, Chemistry and Maths. I really want to go to the University of Manchester. Mechanical/Civil engineering. Had 1A, 4Bs and 3Cs. Yh I know they are bad but I hope I get good predicted grades so that the bad GCSEs are covered up.
    What about you guys?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Rohit_Rocks10)
    Who else going to university in 2018? What A-Levels do you do? What university? What course for? And what were your GCSEs.
    I do Physics, Chemistry and Maths. I really want to go to the University of Manchester. Mechanical/Civil engineering. Had 1A, 4Bs and 3Cs. Yh I know they are bad but I hope I get good predicted grades so that the bad GCSEs are covered up.
    What about you guys?
    This is early bruv :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    This is early bruv :rofl:
    It's alryt Didn't see one so made one up myself
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I am, was going to go for 2017 entry but I did the wrong A Levels so this year after my results I'll be doing subjects in STEM to then do something in Biomedicine at places like UCL, York, Durham and Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    What about you guys?
    Me! I'm doing English Literature, History, Politics and Philosophy. I also do EPQ. My dream is to go to Cambridge to study History and Politics, but I have my eye on Kings College and Warwick too as other options. I got 5A*'s, 4A's and a B.

ReputationRep:
    I had 8A and 3B grades at GCSE and I'm currently studying Economics, Maths and FM. I'm hoping to Economics with a minor degree. not sure where yet though

ReputationRep:
    I got 3A's, 5B's and 2C's at GCSE. Im currently studying a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT and an A level in Graphics. My target grade is D*D*D for the BTEC and for Graphics i'm aiming for a B hopefully I can get that. I want do computer science but they ask for A level maths which I didn't do. I am considering Leeds Beckett to do a mEng degree in computer forensics with entry requirements of DMM with no maths required so yeah i'm thinking of that!

What about you guys?
      Religious Studies, Classical Civilisation and Latin - A Level
      Predicted - A* A A

10As 2Bs - GCSE

Theology and Religious Studies

Edinburgh, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter and possibly Oxbridge but unlikely with my GCSE'

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aaron2515)
      Religious Studies, Classical Civilisation and Latin - A Level
      Predicted - A* A A

10As 2Bs - GCSE

Theology and Religious Studies

Edinburgh, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter and possibly Oxbridge but unlikely with my GCSE'
      Now those are some stats! Impressive

ReputationRep:
      Who else going to university in 2018? What A-Levels do you do? What university? What course for? ...
      me!! I do Geography, Politics, History and an EPQ my predicted are A*, A, A

I am hoping to do law at york!! because of PBL it is definitely my first choice but I'm also looking at warwick and KCL.

My GCSE's- 3A*s, 3As, 2Bs and 1C

ReputationRep:
      GCSE: 1A*, 4A, 3B

AS: Psychology, Sociology, English Language & Maths
      Mocks: AABD

Hoping to do psychology @ uni

ReputationRep:
      Got 9A*s and 2As at GCSE, and got an A in my FSMQ...somehow :jiggy:

Aaaaand I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Philosophy, Maths, and Further Maths for my A levels, although I'm considering whether to continue on with the full Further Maths or to just do AS level Further...I'll decide after my getting my Maths results in the summer hahaha

Hoping to do NatSci at Cambridge, but if not either BioChem or Chemistry at Imperial, Edinburgh or maybe UCL? Or NatSci again at Durham. I'm yet to visit Durham, so I'm putting off making a decision about applying until I've seen the city.

ReputationRep:
      Im applying for Civil engineering as well! altho for some of my courses it involves architecture as well. Ive applied to Southampton, Birmingham, Sheffield, Bath and Bristol. But ive got an offer from bristol already

I got 7A*s 2As and 2Bs and my predicted grades are A*,A,A for maths, physics and product design

ReputationRep:
      Im applying for Civil engineering as well! altho for some of my courses it involves architecture as well. Ive applied to Southampton, Birmingham, Sheffield, Bath and Bristol. But ive got an offer from bristol already 😃

I got 7A*s 2As and 2Bs and my predicted grades are A*,A,A for maths, physics and product design

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.