The Student Room Group

LNAT 2017 Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ob-hockey
I got 24 and got an offer from KCL :smile:

Well done!! And thank you
I got 22 and i'm quite disappointed but oh well, at least I've got an offer from Bristol even though I'm getting worried about Glasgow now....
Original post by Cecyl01
I got 22 and i'm quite disappointed but oh well, at least I've got an offer from Bristol even though I'm getting worried about Glasgow now....

I got an offer from Glasgow with 21 so you should be good. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Cecyl01

Don't worry about Glasgow, I got in with 23 and I heard someone get in with 21 :smile:
Original post by Michael_Fishy
Not yet. The wait is now killing me. Did you apply already having your results; or was you application so exceptional that all your unis loved you?

Yeah I met the entry requirements in 5th year! Please don't stress about them, I know you'll be fine!
is 21 too low for kings?
Original post by Cecyl01

when did you hear from bristol?x
Original post by nataliecolette
Has anyone else applied to the University of Glasgow?

I've got an unconditional, are you thinking of going?
Original post by ahmed369
is 21 too low for kings?

Exactly what I'm wondering. In 2014 they said they'd consider people with 20 and above, and 21 was also the average for that year too.

I haven't heard of anyone getting in with 21 yet, but I'm in the same boat as you and there is still plenty of time for responses.

Here is a link that was posted earlier;
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/191463/response/471529/attach/html/3/140116%20Response.pdf.html
Just received my LNAT scores. I scored a 30 and got into KCL. Still waiting for UCL (come on!!!) and LSE and hopefully those will yield positives in the coming week...
Original post by libertyjones
when did you hear from bristol?x

December 6th and I applied in october.
Original post by Cecyl01
December 6th and I applied in october.

thank you!
is 21 too low for kings?

I think it's okay, I got 22 and I have an offer from king's, so good luck! :smile:
I think more weighting is given on the essay
Original post by pinksmartie1
I've got an unconditional, are you thinking of going?

Yeah definitely, Glasgow is my first choice :smile: are you?
Reply 474
Original post by hxrrict
i was wondering this so a while ago i sent them a freedom of information request with a few questions and they told me the following about how they use it:

How is the essay portion of the LNAT considered, e.g. is it given a score?
The essay is marked independently of the rest of the application, and is awarded a score of 0, 25, 50, 75 or 100.

How is each portion of the LNAT weighted? Or is each side considered equally?The exam score counts towards 60% of the total LNAT mark, and the essay score 40%.

Oh wow thanks for the information. The percentage are really close meaning if essay was much stronger than multiple question they could still put it to consideration.
Original post by Daruto
Oh wow thanks for the information. The percentage are really close meaning if essay was much stronger than multiple question they could still put it to consideration.

yeah, no idea why they don't have this sort of info on their website along with how the overall application is weighted cos it's very useful but yeah its slightly unsettling because im so proud of my MC score but i thought my essay went very badly at the time which could ruin it
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone gotten into kings with 21 or below LNAT score?
or anyone you know?
OMG it actually horrifies me :frown: people are doing well here :smile: i hope i can get offer from nottingham/king soon! I also applied to LSE but it looks very competitive!!
Original post by sweetcutiepie
OMG it actually horrifies me :frown: people are doing well here :smile: i hope i can get offer from nottingham/king soon! I also applied to LSE but it looks very competitive!!

what was your LNAT score?
what was your LNAT score?

Roughly around the same as yours, 21
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest