The Student Room Group

LNAT 2017 Results

Scroll to see replies

I see people discussing LNAT essays- a lot seemed to do the question on judiciary systems, I looked at that one and promptly chose another! My prompt was on whether the press is an effective check on government. Did anyone else do that one? Or did anyone do a question that was neither of those?

P.S I'm getting very restless waiting for these results now haha
Original post by aalfaiaz
My essay question was about whether we should place sanctions against countries that do not respect human rights. Anybody else had that question or similar?

I, too, am waiting for my only LNAT uni (KCL) to reply now so I cannot predict how it went. I've got 3 offers and a rejection from the LSE.
I have been obsessively checking my emails 10x a day for the results but it looks unlikely that we will be getting them today.

Hey! That's a really interesting question actually, I wouldn't know where to begin answering it though it's so abstract. How well do you think your response went? What about the multiple choice section? That's a shame about LSE, I got rejected too:frown: Congrats on your other offers though!! Where are they from? Which will be your firm? Kings? Or another?
Original post by christy98
Omg same I talked about Mill as well haha. Also I had pretty much the same points as you, talked about the Human Rights Act too, think we did the same question? (Your essay probably did go well, because mine did - I mean, well enough to secure an Oxford interview and UCL offer at least!)

I think so? It was like, to what extent should freedom of expression concerning religion be limited?? I hope so xD I mean, I haven't heard from UCL yet tho LOL
Original post by pvdlstlp
Gave definitions for key words, talked about how judiciary system members should reflect the respective society's demographic because of how justice would then be executed and come about (brought in schema and how people interpret language), talked about the cons/practicality of that (ex. in the real world societies place quotas for diversity which would then defeat the purpose of the "fair" aspect of justice because a judge would be selected for their gender/skin colour over experience and aptitude), but then talked about how the word "should", if taken as meaning "the most correct thing", means that the belief that members should reflect society would be the "most right" belief, because they should be selected on skill and not superficial qualities, and so if a judiciary "committee" per se reflects diverse members of society and is also selected blind to superficial qualities, then this reflects the "most correct" thing.. and also would reflect that that society is doing pretty well in terms of education and stuff!

Okay honestly I dont even think that that TLDR explanation made sense but its almost midnight here and I'm pretty tired on retrospect lets hope my actual essay made sense I think it did AHHHHHHghsdfjkghdfg

That sounds like a pretty solid plan!! :smile: yeah esp cuz the job of the judiciary isn't to send out a socio-political message but to deliver justice! I'm sure you did amazing :biggrin:
Original post by hillarykeyamo99
Hello! Your results will be sent to you by email. This will be your score of Section A and the average score for the cohort in the admissions cycle.

That is very curious indeed. Was your oxford rejection post-interview? That might have had something to do with it if so, but if it wasn't, maybe there were more applicants to Durham and Oxford (in a relative sense, compared to the number of places they give out for example). Or, maybe UCL just something special in you!!

Where else have you applied? Have you received any other offers?

Hey, thanks for the reply and the kind words. It definitely isn't that I'm afraid since UCL had 17 candidates per place and Durham only had 9!! I think I may have gotten lucky with UCL to be honest...

I also have an offer from Warwick for Law with French Law so I'm quite happy with that, but I think I'll get rejected from LSE soon since my "4 weeks" finish tomorrow and I haven't heard from them yet...
Reply 85
Original post by georgios131
Hey, thanks for the reply and the kind words. It definitely isn't that I'm afraid since UCL had 17 candidates per place and Durham only had 9!! I think I may have gotten lucky with UCL to be honest...

I also have an offer from Warwick for Law with French Law so I'm quite happy with that, but I think I'll get rejected from LSE soon since my "4 weeks" finish tomorrow and I haven't heard from them yet...

And also remember that Durham's offer rate is about three times the UCL's one..
Reply 86
Anyone who answered the poverty question? :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by ymehana
I got an offer from UCL for straight Law, but I'm really curious about how I did in the LNAT because I came out of it thinking it went really badly!!

hey, when did you sit the lnat and hear back?
Original post by Mieleki
Anyone who answered the poverty question? :smile:

I diddd!!
How long do we have to wait for our results ughhhh!!! I'm a gap year applicant so I'm just waiting for my LNAT results then I'll know for sure which Uni's I have a chance of getting in to. Hope everyone gets what they want! :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for UCL.. TAT I'm pretty set on my firm uni tho, I just want a sense of closure haha you get what I mean? xD

Yeah I definitely do! Good luck with UCL :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by 0001a
hey, when did you sit the lnat and hear back?

Hey, I sat my LNAT on the 19th of November and heard back on the 10th of January. :smile:
Original post by ymehana
Hey, I sat my LNAT on the 19th of November and heard back on the 10th of January. :smile:

I sat mine on the 1st November and still haven't heard back😱
Reply 93
Original post by Sophiethompson99
I sat mine on the 1st November and still haven't heard back😱

Aww don't worry, I'm sure they're just being really selective. Good luck :smile:
Reply 94
KCL is my only LNAT university I applied to and I'm so nervous waiting! :frown: When I finished it I was so confused with how I did as usually after I take a test/exam I'm usually good at indicating my mark but I have no idea how I did, I think perhaps around the 20's but not too sure.

Some of the MCQ were great as I thought about the answer logically but then the last few questions I guessed so I'm not sure haha. Also did my LNAT quite late on the 5th of Jan. My essay went okay so just apprehensively waiting lol but I think KCL will reject me as I didn't perform the best at the LNAT, just hoping my personal statement and grades can persuade KCL to give me an offer if my LNAT results are bad lol

Also, my essay q was on university education being available for all, did anyone do that q?
(edited 7 years ago)
Guess we're gonna have to wait until next week for our results :frown: Did anyone do the question about if people should be able to have any gender or none at all?
Reply 96
Original post by ///curious
Guess we're gonna have to wait until next week for our results :frown: Did anyone do the question about if people should be able to have any gender or none at all?

Hi
I did that question for my essay and I actualy quite liked it. How did you find it?
Original post by ymehana
Hi
I did that question for my essay and I actualy quite liked it. How did you find it?

Thought it went quite well to be honest. I liked it too, I thought it was interesting!
Hey guys, did anyone do the essay question about making the judicial system more representative of society, gender wise and race wise?
Original post by Tati1998
Hey guys, did anyone do the essay question about making the judicial system more representative of society, gender wise and race wise?

Yeah that was my one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending