Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone invited to the 2017 selection day for social work masters at Hull?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julie*p)
    Hi, anyone invited to the 2017 selection day for social work masters at Hull?
    Ive been invited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloegibson96)
    Ive been invited
    hello! Yay! Which day are you going?
    Feeling quite nervous about the whole day.
    Julie😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm going on the 3rd of feb I'm pretty nervous as well haha how have you prepared? Apologies for slow replies I'm at work at the mo xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm going on the 3rd of feb I'm pretty nervous as well haha how have you prepared? Apologies for slow replies I'm at work at the mo xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ha no worries I'm on the 23rd Feb the 3rd was full, bit longer to prepare 😳 Going to need it. Are you from hull? x

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? Must be a lot of applicants then haha! No I'm not in from Doncaster in South Yorkshire xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? Must be a lot of applicants then haha! No I'm not in from Doncaster in South Yorkshire xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not too many I hope 😄 Oh that's not too far then, I'm in hull. When you booked did it ask how many guests? Im assuming we're allowed to take someone xx

ReputationRep:
    Errrm I believe it did but I didn't put any I'm just by myself haha, oh good that's not far at all then so nervous just been trying to prepare, I've got 4 interviews in total at different unis haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Errrm I believe it did but I didn't put any I'm just by myself haha, oh good that's not far at all then so nervous just been trying to prepare, I've got 4 interviews in total at different unis haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry I haven't replied did not get a notification 😕How did the interview go? Hope it

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I haven't replied did not get a notification 😕How did the interview go? Hope it Went well xx

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I haven't replied did not get a notification 😕How did the interview go? Hope it Went well xx
    Hi Julie, it went well! Was quite tiring, was there almost six hours but they rang me an hour after I got home and offered me a place x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awe great news well done, I'm getting nervous now😬any advice? Xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! And basically the written test is half an hour, ours was on why we wanted to be a social worker so we put things to do with studies, jobs, work experience etc, the group interview was nice, we looked at a scenario and the concerns in there and what we would do, we were in 2 groups of four. And the individual interview was also nice, everyone was really friendly the tutors and head of programme were lovely they make you feel relaxed they ask you things like why social work and discrimination, it's no more than 6 questions really so I think you'll be fine if you have done prep for it x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awe thank you so much, really put my mind at ease 😊 Prepping is underway! Did any of the other applicants take a guest? Thinking I should just brave it 😂

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome it is really nice, everyone was so friendly, I think you will be fine! I thought I did average but was so surprised when they rang me haha! No one took a guest I don't think, if you do come by yourself you will be fine everyone is chatty and looks after each other xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great quite looking forward to it now 😊

ReputationRep:
    I know it's an older thread but I had the interview day for this yesterday and I got in! I was thrilled. It really wasn't as bad as we were all imagining. My tip would be to ke sure you have an example of everything either personal or professionally e.g. "A challenging time and how you managed it" or how you managed stress. Has anyone else been to this and got in? It would be lovely to all connect before September :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hey Vicky we did connect lol I was there with you. Are you on fb? X we all got in too 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hey Vicky we did connect lol I was there with you. Are you on fb? X we all got in too 😊

Julie! I did wonder if it was you! You had said 23rd and I wasn't sure! I'm so chuffed you all got in! I am on Facebook. I've just messaged you :-D

ReputationRep:
    Well done, so pleased we all got on great looking forward to starting. Xx il get on fb x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.