Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can a guy pull off these trainers? Watch

ReputationRep:
    They are female but I think they look awesome

http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens/adidas...FeUV0wod6CIEHQ

ReputationRep:
    I mean you can wear what you want but they're in the women's category for a reason

ReputationRep:
    Nah I dont think so you are better off getting the one with black rather than gold
    • Very Important Poster

Yes. I doubt anyone but the trainer mafia would know or care. Thought they were going to be bright pink.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    No I doubt a guy can pull off these trainers..

However you can try it with light washed ripped jeans, and white graphic top?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoodPharaoh)
    I mean you can wear what you want but they're in the women's category for a reason
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Nah I dont think so you are better off getting the one with black rather than gold
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Yes. I doubt anyone but the trainer mafia would know or care. Thought they were going to be bright pink.
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)

(Original post by FemaleBo55)

True guys, but I just really rose gold

I think I will get the silver ones instead

ReputationRep:
    Can a girl even pull off those trainers? :pinch:

Sorry... taste is subjective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Can a girl even pull off those trainers? :pinch:

Sorry... taste is subjective
    Aha I think they are very nice but yeah taste is subjective.

The standard blacks ones are a bit boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freedom)
    Aha I think they are very nice but yeah taste is subjective.

The standard blacks ones are a bit boring
    I think it might be an age thing for me, but I've always hated gold. I have quite boring/old fashioned tastes for the most part really. Aside from my blue hair.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're famous in the hip hop industry, nah. Plus they only go up to size 8 :rofl:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Go for it if you want, but remember that the sizing won't be quite the same as with mens trainers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Go for it if you want, but remember that the sizing won't be quite the same as with mens trainers
    I'm usually a men 7, so would it it smaller or bigger size is should pick?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freedom)
    I'm usually a men 7, so would it it smaller or bigger size is should pick?
    It could be a bit narrower and you would probably need a size or two bigger if you were to buy shoes sized in women's sizing. It's different between brands

ReputationRep:
    Well you can't really tell if it's male or female imo.

ReputationRep:
    It could be a bit narrower and you would probably need a size or two bigger if you were to buy shoes sized in women's sizing. It's different between brands
    My feet are quite narrow in truth, and men's shoes are usually are a bit loose. So I should be okay

ReputationRep:
    the variation between sizes is as great between different manunfacturers and different types of shoe than any percieved difference in fit between male and female shoes.

Officially UK sizes are the same for male and female ...

i can be anywhere between 7 to 9 UK / 41 to 43 european sizing depending o nthe shoe and little to do with it;s supposed gender ...

part of the stuff that ladies shoes are smaller is down to the fact that shoe sizes are based o nthe bare foot and 'mens' hoseiry is usually thicker than 'ladies'
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    the variation between sizes is as great between different manunfacturers and different types of shoe than any percieved difference in fit between male and female shoes.

Officially UK sizes are the same for male and female ...

i can be anywhere between 7 to 9 UK / 41 to 43 european sizing depending o nthe shoe and little to do with it;s supposed gender ...

part of the stuff that ladies shoes are smaller is down to the fact that shoe sizes are based o nthe bare foot and 'mens' hoseiry is usually thicker than 'ladies'
    I'm sure it's not with every brand but I know that some I've come across have different size charts for men and women, with a mens size equalling a size or wo larger. I also wear mens and womens shoes and there if a differnce in most places. Nike, for example, if I try the same shoes in womens and mens sizing the mens fits but the womens is too small in width, and I have to size up by 1. Similar with British Knights. In New Look and H&M I have to size up 2 sizes for womens to fit in length. It could partly be down to shape, but theres definitely a difference to note between them

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it's not with every brand but I know that some I've come across have different size charts for men and women, with a mens size equalling a size or wo larger. I also wear mens and womens shoes and there if a differnce in most places. Nike, for example, if I try the same shoes in womens and mens sizing the mens fits but the womens is too small in width, and I have to size up by 1. Similar with British Knights. In New Look and H&M I have to size up 2 sizes for womens to fit in length. It could partly be down to shape, but theres definitely a difference to note between them
    Nike size by american sizes and claim to convert to Uk sizes ...

how wide your feet and your 'toe shape' can impact on shoe sizes - although toe shape tends to be something that is more addressed in fitting pointe shoes

ReputationRep:
    Can you pull them off? Yes. Take them off now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Well you can't really tell if it's male or female imo.
    But females will know he got that from their section. Plus it's shiny on the gold stripes, which is feminine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.