Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've basically ****ed up again but need some help figuring out what I need to get a 2:1...

3rd year counts for 1/3 of my degree: I got 42, 44, 52 and 58% (all 20 credits each)
    4th year counts for 2/3 of my degree: So far I got 47.2% (worth 50% of a 20-credit course), 52% and 58% (20 credits each).
    I still have 2 exams to do this semester (one of them counts for the other 50% of my 20 credit course and the other counts for 10 credits) then I have a 10 credit project proposal and 40 credit dissertation.
    What grades do I need to scrape a 2:1 (so literally just get that 60%?) Thanks in advance!

you will need to get about 74% average in your remaining work to get 60% overall However it could be slightly slower as they may (depending on department etc) give you a 2:1 if you are slightly below 60%

You only seem to have done 80 credits in 3rd year is there a reason for this ?

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by watchingyouwatch)
      you will need to get about 74% average in your remaining work to get 60% overall However it could be slightly slower as they may (depending on department etc) give you a 2:1 if you are slightly below 60%

You only seem to have done 80 credits in 3rd year is there a reason for this ?

Hope that helps
      Thanks so much for your reply. So I made a mistake! I missed out another exam which I got 48% for and that was worth 20 credits. The exam for which I got 58% (mentioned in my question) was actually worth 40 credits, not 20. (Both results from third year which adds up to 120 credits). Does that change the average grade I need to get over the rest of this semester to get a 2:1? Thank you so much for your help!! I'm so rubbish at maths.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.