Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Behavioural Economics: City Uni of London, or Uni of Stirling? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which uni for MSc in Behavioural Economics?
    City, University of London (MSc Behavioural Economics)
    0%
    University of Stirling (MSc Behavioural Science for Management)
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Help! I've got offers to read behavioural economics at both universities at postgrad level, and was wondering if anyone could share their experiences? (it's known as Behavioural Science for Management at Stirling)

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Why did you apply to these two courses? They are not default courses for behavioural economics. City U is also quite expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Because of their practical focus. Which unis would you say are the default?

Agreed abt City's fees, but that seems to be the standard. I will be an international student.

ReputationRep:
    Outside the big 5 (Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick), I would rate following Econ departments a better fit for behavioural economics. Nottingham, UEA, Essex and Durham. Notts has an established research cluster with vibrant seminars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tcannon)
    Outside the big 5 (Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick), I would rate following Econ departments a better fit for behavioural economics. Nottingham, UEA, Essex and Durham. Notts has an established research cluster with vibrant seminars.
    I see... thanks for the explanation. Had scratched out Notts and Durham because of the huge overlap with my undergrad degree. I do have an application with Warwick though, perhaps should wait for that and apply to UEA and Essex. Still some time till the deadline!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meechelle)
    I see... thanks for the explanation. Had scratched out Notts and Durham because of the huge overlap with my undergrad degree. I do have an application with Warwick though, perhaps should wait for that and apply to UEA and Essex. Still some time till the deadline!
    Just curious, how did Notts MSc Econ have overlap with your undergrad BA? The modules range is rather broad to my eyes. But I don't know about your alma mater.

If you have Warwick application in pipeline, def wait for its outcome. Great econ department though tuition fee is one of the highest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.