Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drgainz)
    So sad to hear that!
    I wish everyone the best of luck with your offers, if you have any questions, @ me!
    (I'm a 2nd year A&F student at LSE atm)
    I got ABB at AS and am predicted AAA, in this 1st week of the 4 week email. Maths Econ Business. I was pretty pleased with my personal statement, do you have have any idea if I have much of a chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentwfc)
    I got ABB at AS and am predicted AAA, in this 1st week of the 4 week email. Maths Econ Business. I was pretty pleased with my personal statement, do you have have any idea if I have much of a chance?
    You do have a chance IMO Though I am not sure how slim/big your chances are. I'm not sure if business AS-Level may lower your chances as it isnt regarded as a 'hard' subject. however you achieved an A in maths? (thats good). LSE places a large emphasis on personal statements; I wrote about Coordination Games in my personal statement, and we were just taught this in my econ module this year (2nd yr)lol. If your B grades were fairly close to an A and there is a good chance you will achieve your predicted grades then you have a good chance of receiving an offer.

ReputationRep:
    So sad to hear that!
    I wish everyone the best of luck with your offers, if you have any questions, @ me!
    Hi, was just wondering based on your cohort, what do you know about the average gcses for an A&F student and how to I fair on being made an offer:

GCSE 2A* 6A 3B 1C
    AS: AAAB
    Predicted A*AA
    Currently 6/8 weeks.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AD490995)
    Hi, was just wondering based on your cohort, what do you know about the average gcses for an A&F student and how to I fair on being made an offer:

GCSE 2A* 6A 3B 1C
    Predicted A*AA
    Currently 6/8 weeks.

thanks
    What subjects you taking in A level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AD490995)

GCSE 2A* 6A 3B 1C
    Predicted A*AA
    Currently 6/8 weeks.

thanks
    hi,
    what subjects did you take for AS and what did you get the B in? What were your A*s in for GCSE?
    I'm not too sure about the average gcses for my cohort but as far as i know there were very few people who achieved maybe 8-10A*s. I got 5A* 5A 1B for gcse.
    You've got a good chance due to your AS results and predictions. GCSE matter if your cohort is strong this year and it will be used for comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tictactoe5)
    Got an offer today
    Can you please tell us your stats, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    GCSE: 6 A* 5A
    As AAAB maths biology history chemistry, in that order
    A2 predicted AAA maths biology history

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer on Friday evening! (10/02/17)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by echozulu)
    Got an offer on Friday evening! (10/02/17)
    Congratss! Can you please tell us your stats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seif toma)
    Congratss! Can you please tell us your stats
    Thank you!
    GCSE: 5A* 5A
    AS: AAAB - Maths, Economics, Accounting, Politics
    A2 predicted: A*A*AA + B (EPQ)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 USM)
    Yeah, it would be my around my 10th week including the Christmas break, I got the 8 week email on the 21st November. I'm surprised I made it this far tbh.. my GCSE'S are poor, AAABBCCCG, but for AS I got AA (Maths + EPQ), so it must be my personal statement getting me this far :/.... what about you??
    Hello!
    If you dont mind could you tell me how is the process of making a decision?
    Ive heard about initial assessment, 8 week procession,4 week...and Im a bit confused how the process exactly is
    How was your offer made?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    International student from the the Netherlands here. Rejected because of my personal statement.

**** this feels bad. This was the school I had been dreaming about. While I knew my chances were slim, I was hoping to get in. This feels so ****ing bad. There are other schools I could go to, but this one was the dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidian22)
    International student from the the Netherlands here. Rejected because of my personal statement.

**** this feels bad. This was the school I had been dreaming about. While I knew my chances were slim, I was hoping to get in. This feels so ****ing bad. There are other schools I could go to, but this one was the dream.

So sorry to hear that, it's extremely competitive tbh. But can you tell us what your A level grades and subjects were. Hopefully u have offers from other unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seif toma)
    So sorry to hear that, it's extremely competitive tbh. But can you tell us what your A level grades and subjects were. Hopefully u have offers from other unis
    Have one from the University of Manchester, but that is not that amazing. I am not in the British curriculum, I am in the Dutch one. I'll try to explain: I am in the highest form of high school here: in a gymnasium. ATM it looks like I will finish HS summa c u m (TSR bans this word) laude.

Some of my ECs: treasurer of muck-up day, tutoring, investing myself since a few years, in the national squad for my sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidian22)

So Sorry to hear that...
    May I know if you have received the 8or 4 week email? when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewchen)
    So Sorry to hear that...
    May I know if you have received the 8or 4 week email? when did you apply?
    I did not receive an 8 or 4 week email. I sent in my application on the 14th of January.

ReputationRep:
    So sad to hear that!
    drgainz hey, I was wondering how many days and hours a week you have lectures. Also, is it just lectures or do you also have smaller classes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tictactoe5)
    drgainz hey, I was wondering how many days and hours a week you have lectures. Also, is it just lectures or do you also have smaller classes?
    hi
    I have classes and lectures.
    atm I have 7 hours of lectures a week and 4 hours of classes a week.
    I dont go to any of the lectures but watch some of them online as they are recorded.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    How many people are there in your class?
    So if you did attend all lectures and classes, how many days would u be going in to the uni?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.