Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been through the UCAS process applying for starting uni in 2017, I have used all five choices. I purposefully applied to those within a few hours of home however, due to unavoidable circumstaces my family is having to move to almost the complete other end of the country and I don't want to be stuck over 6 hours away. Does anyone know if there is any way, (besides clearing as I dont want to have to panic do anything in August), in which I could apply to some universities closer to where my family will be relocating to? I am way too anxious and upset to stick with my current uni choices but would hate to give up on the idea of uni.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Extra or clearing are the only way to apply to universities now after submitting your application.

Or take the leap of going to a university that's far from home. I get that it can be daunting but it's not that bad.The best way to deal with your anxiety is to push through what makes you anxious, and deal with it.
    Or, you can take a year out and apply next year.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abmatsoo)
    I have been through the UCAS process applying for starting uni in 2017, I have used all five choices. I purposefully applied to those within a few hours of home however, due to unavoidable circumstaces my family is having to move to almost the complete other end of the country and I don't want to be stuck over 6 hours away. Does anyone know if there is any way, (besides clearing as I dont want to have to panic do anything in August), in which I could apply to some universities closer to where my family will be relocating to? I am way too anxious and upset to stick with my current uni choices but would hate to give up on the idea of uni.
    UCAS s system does allow extra choices except by using extra or clearing. If you were going to be a few hours away anyway, a few more won't make a difference.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.