The Student Room Group

Paying someone else to do your Homework.

Hey all, as the title suggests, this thread is all about paying someone else to do your homework.

Is it a good idea? In short, no. Funnily enough, I was lucky enough to be blessed with the presence of a professional essay writer who was giving his services to write A grade essays to get high marks.

And here was the outcome (you will have to zoom in a bit):

This is the sample he gave me:

A Flat Earth

For a very long time, the earth has been described as spherical with scientists providing evidence of the same. In fact, institutions such as NASA, have continually availed images depicting the earth as a spherical object. Today, just like in ancient years, the spherical nature of the earth is being challenged across different fronts. There are increased suggestions that the earth is flat with support from many personalities including the new president of the United States. Although some of these personalities have been disregarded as seeking popularity, there is actual evidence in support of such claims. The flatness of horizons, the stillness of the waters in the oceans as well as religious evidence portray that the earth is indeed flat.

Perhaps the most consistent evidence in support of the flat nature of the earth is the horizons as seen from the world. Regardless of one’s position, the horizon is always flat thus depicting that the earth is flat and not round (Boden & Debbie, p. 478). If indeed the earth were round, people in higher grounds would have to look down to see the horizon. However, one does not need to look down to visualize the horizon regardless of how high they rise. The fact that the water in the oceans remains still despite the perceived rotation of the Earth is further proof that the earth is flat. If the earth were a sphere as has been advanced, the water in the oceans and rivers would wobble in different directions. Instead, the water in the rivers remains still and flows in one direction regardless of the time of the day. Clearly, therefore, the proclamation of the earth being a sphere is nothing but a hoax.

Surname 2 Works cited Boden, R., and Debbie, E. "A flat earth society? Imagining academic freedom." The Sociological Review 59.3 (2011): 476-495.

Not sure how this user didn't realize by "flat earth" meant potential joke. Otherwise it's a pretty good piece of work.

Now, there is a moral to this post as opposed to a quick laugh. To anyone who is even considering asking someone to do their work for them DON'T. It will not help you in the long run, sure, your grade potential will go up, your teachers will be happy but when you come to do your actual exam, will your "friend" help you there? No.

If you are struggling then at least get some support, I mean, you are in a whole forum with many awesome people who are dedicated to helping people like you pass your GCSE's and when you finally get that A*, you will feel an actual sense of achievement.

Bit of a long read here but good luck with whatever you are doing :smile:
People pay me to do their math homework. It doesn't help them.
My mum pays me to do her invoices since she isn't good with computers. Neither are my other family members.
Its just exploiting when you do someone else's work. But it gets the money coming.
If you pay some else to do your stuff, does that garantees success in your future? Think it twice...
There's only one winner here and that's the person you get "help" from. It's honestly just sad that someone like this goes around and waits for lazy people to pay him to do homework.
Reply 4
Go to school/uni to do your own work.... Can't handle it, then that's just too bad.
Reply 5
I've used Fiverr before to do an essay.
If i had qualifications purely coursework based might consider it but no point since ita cheating and well i am broke.
it never makes sense. I am sure at some point or other all of us have had someone make this kind of offer before, i certainly have and I told them no without a seconds thought.

There are number of issues here firstly its a form of fraud you are trying to pass something off to reflect your ability when it was not produced by you.
The consequences to this are if you get caught to which the risk will always vary depending on the circumstances but its never a risk I want to take you can risk serious academic sanctions.
Secondly you have no legal comeback or any other form of come back apart from expecting good will if they produce sub par work. it is an illegal contract as you are contracting someone to help you commit a form of fraud which means it is legally unenforceable. if you paid for this and still got a poor grade or did not get any essay or project done for you at all the only way you can get your money back is from their good will. Good luck relying on a criminals good will.
Thirdly their is the risk of not getting caught which sounds strange but your presenting a false impression of yourself which could lead you to get a place on a course or a job which you are not actually properly prepared for meaning your out your depth and likely to fail. As well as lowering your development.

Their is no benefit in paying someone to do your work for you. the furthest I would ever go with this is if i trusted someone I laminate my notes and file them away into order this can be time consuming and is not directly affecting my intellectual development. Further sometimes my notes get out of order.

Now if I had a classmate who needed money whom I knew I could trust and I had the spare money maybe I might entertain paying them to laminate my notes and sort them into order. But then this would not be breaking any rules or harming myself. I guess its not the same thing.
The whole point of homework is to get all you learnt that day fresh in your mind. To test you. It's good for revision. Teachers don't give it to you, to simply piss you off so you can't have much free time. I actually love it when teachers give you homework, shows they care and they're doing their job.

Quick Reply

Latest