Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently studying biology, chemistry and textiles for my A-level and I have been looking for work experience but I'm really struggling.
    I'm interested in:
    forensics and CSI
    biopharmaceuticals
    fashion and design
    Any help would be great! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    any help would be fab?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried emailing different companies you are interested in along with your cv and a covering letter? or even turning up to the store and speaking with the manager try to build some good relationships just talking to different employees even if you don't get work experience as later when you are looking for a job they will remember you.

ReputationRep:
    hi! yeah i've tries emailing companies but they never email back with any information, but i haven't spoken to any managers - i will definitely try that! thanks

(Original post by bethaniteddy)
    Have you tried emailing different companies you are interested in along with your cv and a covering letter? or even turning up to the store and speaking with the manager try to build some good relationships just talking to different employees even if you don't get work experience as later when you are looking for a job they will remember you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.