Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Major pimple breakout first time at 19 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've had good skin throughout childhood and teens. I never got pimples during highschool as well I'd get a spot occasionally but that's about it.

I've had clear skin all my life, but as I entered 2017 I started getting a few pimples it wasn't a major breakout I think I got 2-3 initially then as they were going I woke up to discover I've got 3 more. Since then the ones I've had have cleared but I keep getting one as another goes plus they've left red and dark marks.I think in total I've had 9-11 in total. I use clearasil ultra on my face and use Sephadil as moisturiser I've done research about what to use to avoid blocking pores. I'm scared I've never been in this position I don't want it to lead to moderate severe acne. Could this be hormonal? I've noticed that since hair has been growing on my face I've started getting pimples btw I
    don't have a beard or anything I'm in early stages of facial hair growth.

ReputationRep:
    are you male or female ? :-)

ReputationRep:
    It's probably hormonal bro, that DHT. DHT is responsible for facial hair growth, as well as acne. It may also mean your hairline moves back slightly. Completely normal at 19 though.

My pimples never go away, I have been suffering from it for 1 year, it's okay I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemay.claudia)
    are you male or female ? :-)
    I'm male plus nobody in my family has had acne or problems with their skin. I'm just concerned cos I wouldn't expect this at my age now I thought I would have got it at high school I'm going to be 20 in few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    It's probably hormonal bro, that DHT. DHT is responsible for facial hair growth, as well as acne. It may also mean your hairline moves back slightly. Completely normal at 19 though.

Cheers for the response man, I've been using clearasil face wash and sudocrem to dry and heal the pimples I'll see how it goes for another few weeks, I understand I'm going get pimples but I don't want it to get out of hand and have my face covered that's something I want to prevent. If it is hormonal then should I go GP and would antibiotics help?

ReputationRep:
    Theres a face map which shows the area of your face and what it's caused by, it's interesting and making the recommended changes seemed to work for me… you can only get away with a bad diet/bad skin care for so long before it comes back at you… it's a mix of genetics (which has been in your favour until now) and skin/health care. Judging by your history once it's under control it won't persist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gatsby19)
    Cheers for the response man, I've been using clearasil face wash and sudocrem to dry and heal the pimples I'll see how it goes for another few weeks, I understand I'm going get pimples but I don't want it to get out of hand and have my face covered that's something I want to prevent. If it is hormonal then should I go gb and would antibiotics help?
    Yeah man I would book an appointment with GP, because it may be adult acne, if it is starting at 19. I am the same age as you and have been taking tetracycline (antibiotic) on and off since I was 16. It does work initially, however it's probably not best to take for the long term, I'm waiting to see a dermatologist next month to see if they can try me on anything else.

btw is your acne, like blind acne. Does it feel like it is a lump under the skin that feels hard to pop?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah man I would book an appointment with GP, because it may be adult acne, if it is starting at 19. I am the same age as you and have been taking tetracycline (antibiotic) on and off since I was 16. It does work initially, however it's probably not best to take for the long term, I'm waiting to see a dermatologist next month to see if they can try me on anything else.

btw is your acne, like blind acne. Does it feel like it is a lump under the skin that feels hard to pop?
    I've got 2 pimples like the one you described since the start of the breaking out they became visible after few days and then after a week it calmed down and doesn't feel as tender buts it resembles dark spots now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Theres a face map which shows the area of your face and what it's caused by, it's interesting and making the recommended changes seemed to work for me… you can only get away with a bad diet/bad skin care for so long before it comes back at you… it's a mix of genetics (which has been in your favour until now) and skin/health care. Judging by your history once it's under control it won't persist
    Can you send me the link to this sounds quite helpful with my situation I need this thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gatsby19)
    Can you send me the link to this sounds quite helpful with my situation I need this thanks
    http://www.adult-acne.net/acne-face-...ple-placement/

ReputationRep:
    Cheers mate, im probably worrying about it too much my face isnt filled with pimples but i want to prvent it from reaching that stage, just spoke to a friend he said that its better to treat early then it wont reach an unmanigable stage. Also wanted to ask about DHT and how it affects the hairline, no males in my family have lost their hair or have a receding hairline so would that still appluy to me?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.