Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Twitter beats its 2016 diversity goals but its workforce is still predominantly white Watch

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    Didn't you used to be massively right wing? What happened?
    Drink.

Nah, I have never been massively right-wing... I have always been at war with Eastasia always been far-left.

ReputationRep:
    One word.

Spoiler:
    Show

Shilling

ReputationRep:
    Diversity quota is pure racism, Giving someone preference over skin colour, If I was black I would feel offended if I got a job because I was black not because I was the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Drink.

Nah, I have never been massively right-wing... I have always been at war with Eastasia always been far-left.
    Maybe I'm getting you confused with someone else then, I think there was a right-wing Trumpet nationalist with Math at the start of their name

ReputationRep:
    If you want a vision of the future imagine a socially diverse boot stamping a human face - forever.

These big tech companies can **** off with their "progressive" brand as long as progressive just means transgender toilettes. I don't care who does the stamping on me, I hate them whether they are black or white, man or woman, straight or gay. It's like in silicon valley where they pretend to be these progressive liberals whilst they all walk to work over homeless people.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, this transition is happening nowhere near fast enough. Twitter should be ashamed of themselves for making such slow progress.

It's time for white people to surrender their privilege and surrender it NOW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    diversity is good because a more diverse set of people are more likely to notice different things, because they won't have overlapping blind spots.
    Unless they are tech millionaires. Then they are going to have some ****ing big blind spots.

Let the workers run things I say. They can be culturally diverse if you like.

ReputationRep:
    This tech nerd nails it in one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzmbW4ueGdg

I kind of think he does this partly to troll right wingers on here :rofl:

Maybe I'm getting you confused with someone else then, I think there was a right-wing Trumpet nationalist with Math at the start of their name
      I've never been a Trump supporter.

Never trust an unverified Mathemagicien; always check for the wedge avatar

ReputationRep:
      In my books, hiring or firing someone based on their ethnicity are equally ridiculous. Twitter's shite these days, with their censorship.

Diversity should occur naturally, not by hiring (possibly) under-qualified coloured people so the company can boast about their diversity. It infuriates me, but a company can run however.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by StrawbAri)
      I thought he was a right winger, trying to bait out race arguments, pretending to be left wing :lol:

Thank God you are here, now you can argue my side.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by viffer)
      I've read it a few times but I'm not sure that was one of the options in the question you were asked
      LOL

It wasn't, he assumed the team picked for its skills and experience was all white.

Unconscious bias, apparently.

ReputationRep:
      All these people who are against diversity quotas and for merit are essentially saying that the reason why corporations are predominantly white is because white people are better at the job. That's unconscious and racial bias, the same thing corporations want to tackle. From a graduate prospective people of colour are quickly becoming highly educated at such an astonishing which is reflected from statistics such as those from ivy leagues.

ReputationRep:
      and me :huff:

He triggers me so much :mad:

(Original post by sinatraa)
      All these people who are against diversity quotas and for merit are essentially saying that the reason why corporations are predominantly white is because white people are better at the job. That's unconscious and racial bias, the same thing corporations want to tackle. From a graduate prospective people of colour are quickly becoming highly educated at such an astonishing which is reflected from statistics such as those from ivy leagues.
      Yeah this has always confused me. If white people are better for the job then that is a racist position. Why they can't admit that I don't know.

ReputationRep:
      Progress is all that matters. It would be better to remove age, gender and race from job applications so that we can negate all of the diversity triviality.

ReputationRep:
      Literally, who gives a ****. I always see people complaining about a lack of diversity and companies making up BS to increase it, but at the end of the day why do I care of the people coding Twitter are black or white? Why do I care if my clothes from Primark were designed by a man or woman? Why do I care if the person at customer services is gay or straight? It's all stupid imo. Jobs should go to people who earn them not to fill out spreadsheets in a press release

Which black people are even applying to work for Twitter anyways? Can't give a job to someone not trying to get it. My black ass sure wouldn't wanna work there

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
      Yeah this has always confused me. If white people are better for the job then that is a racist position. Why they can't admit that I don't know.
      Everyone who implies that are just plain racist.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sinatraa)
      Everyone who implies that are just plain racist.
      It's just logic.

If white people get the better jobs in a fair job market (which you guys imply is the case) that is because there is something intrinsically superior about white people over black people. Hence white people are superior to black people. Racism.

It's just where you end up if you follow your logic.

Personally as a disgusting lefty even if that were the case I would be fine in having equality for its own sake and putting inferior black people in positions of power alongside white people. Thankfully though I don't think there is any real built in inferiority with black people. It's more to do with how society is structured that screws them over on average.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.