Turn on thread page Beta

Twitter beats its 2016 diversity goals but its workforce is still predominantly white watch

ReputationRep:
    If you want a vision of the future imagine a socially diverse boot stamping a human face - forever.

These big tech companies can **** off with their "progressive" brand as long as progressive just means transgender toilettes. I don't care who does the stamping on me, I hate them whether they are black or white, man or woman, straight or gay. It's like in silicon valley where they pretend to be these progressive liberals whilst they all walk to work over homeless people.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, this transition is happening nowhere near fast enough. Twitter should be ashamed of themselves for making such slow progress.

It's time for white people to surrender their privilege and surrender it NOW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    diversity is good because a more diverse set of people are more likely to notice different things, because they won't have overlapping blind spots.
    Unless they are tech millionaires. Then they are going to have some ****ing big blind spots.

Let the workers run things I say. They can be culturally diverse if you like.

ReputationRep:
    This tech nerd nails it in one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzmbW4ueGdg

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    Didn't you used to be massively right wing? What happened?
    I kind of think he does this partly to troll right wingers on here :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    In my books, hiring or firing someone based on their ethnicity are equally ridiculous. Twitter's shite these days, with their censorship.

Diversity should occur naturally, not by hiring (possibly) under-qualified coloured people so the company can boast about their diversity. It infuriates me, but a company can run however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    I thought he was a right winger, trying to bait out race arguments, pretending to be left wing :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    I've read it a few times but I'm not sure that was one of the options in the question you were asked
    LOL

It wasn't, he assumed the team picked for its skills and experience was all white.

Unconscious bias, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    All these people who are against diversity quotas and for merit are essentially saying that the reason why corporations are predominantly white is because white people are better at the job. That's unconscious and racial bias, the same thing corporations want to tackle. From a graduate prospective people of colour are quickly becoming highly educated at such an astonishing which is reflected from statistics such as those from ivy leagues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    and me :huff:

He triggers me so much :mad:

(Original post by sinatraa)
    All these people who are against diversity quotas and for merit are essentially saying that the reason why corporations are predominantly white is because white people are better at the job. That's unconscious and racial bias, the same thing corporations want to tackle. From a graduate prospective people of colour are quickly becoming highly educated at such an astonishing which is reflected from statistics such as those from ivy leagues.
    Yeah this has always confused me. If white people are better for the job then that is a racist position. Why they can't admit that I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Progress is all that matters. It would be better to remove age, gender and race from job applications so that we can negate all of the diversity triviality.

ReputationRep:
    Literally, who gives a ****. I always see people complaining about a lack of diversity and companies making up BS to increase it, but at the end of the day why do I care of the people coding Twitter are black or white? Why do I care if my clothes from Primark were designed by a man or woman? Why do I care if the person at customer services is gay or straight? It's all stupid imo. Jobs should go to people who earn them not to fill out spreadsheets in a press release

Which black people are even applying to work for Twitter anyways? Can't give a job to someone not trying to get it. My black ass sure wouldn't wanna work there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Yeah this has always confused me. If white people are better for the job then that is a racist position. Why they can't admit that I don't know.
    Everyone who implies that are just plain racist.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who implies that are just plain racist.
    It's just logic.

If white people get the better jobs in a fair job market (which you guys imply is the case) that is because there is something intrinsically superior about white people over black people. Hence white people are superior to black people. Racism.

It's just where you end up if you follow your logic.

Personally as a disgusting lefty even if that were the case I would be fine in having equality for its own sake and putting inferior black people in positions of power alongside white people. Thankfully though I don't think there is any real built in inferiority with black people. It's more to do with how society is structured that screws them over on average.

ReputationRep:
    Corporations in sub Saharan Africa are predominantly black because............

Go on, have a guess.

Thank God you are here, now you can argue my side.
    Meh
    Don't like diversity quotas because it feels like we're being babied and if there's one thing I dislike more than racism it's white people babying me.

ReputationRep:
    How have I triggered you? I thought you were a centre-right progressive.
    -___________-

First time I have been called that.

I just said tech giants should be handed over to the workers in this thread :huff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It's just logic.

If white people get the better jobs in a fair job market (which you guys imply is the case) that is because there is something intrinsically superior about white people over black people. Hence white people are superior to black people. Racism.

It's just where you end up if you follow your logic.

Personally as a disgusting lefty even if that were the case I would be fine in having equality for its own sake and putting inferior black people in positions of power alongside white people. Thankfully though I don't think there is any real built in inferiority with black people. It's more to do with how society is structured.
    That's not even the issue because coloured people are becoming very educated and the black female demographic are actually the most educated group of people. The only reason why they dont get the jobs is because of institutionalised racism.

(Original post by alexschmalex)
    Literally, who gives a ****. I always see people complaining about a lack of diversity and companies making up BS to increase it, but at the end of the day why do I care of the people coding Twitter are black or white? Why do I care if my clothes from Primark were designed by a man or woman? Why do I care if the person at customer services is gay or straight? It's all stupid imo. Jobs should go to people who earn them not to fill out spreadsheets in a press release

Which black people are even applying to work for Twitter anyways? Can't give a job to someone not trying to get it. My black ass sure wouldn't wanna work there

Too true
    Tryna become a millionaire before 30 and these people talmbout working for twitter

Damn I hereby concede defeat. I will never forget this betrayal
    Pls forgive :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    Corporations in sub Saharan Africa are predominantly black because............

Go on, have a guess.
    Don't give me your self superior attitude, remember what happened last time, you made yourself look like a right fool.

Give the point straight to me or you can **** off.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.