The Student Room Group

Twitter beats its 2016 diversity goals but its workforce is still predominantly white

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mathemagicien
lol go on then, what is this evidence?
You know how you added a ? at the end. So did they.

Like most of your posts, you really need to take a step back and reflect before firing off a "Now hang on a cotton pickin' minute......" missive. You will save yourself from looking a bit of an eejit :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

He meant there is no such evidence.

You've said women are better nurses though. Where's your evidence for that?
Original post by viffer
Am I? Don't I?

While not really surprised having read your naive comments I don't know how you could reach either conclusion from anything I have said.

FWIW, I have been directly and indirectly involved in the recruitment of 100s of people. ie employed them myself or brokered for others. Never have I thought it necessary or appropriate to employ or recommend less able/competent candidates because of their X/Y chromosome mix.

Implicitly. And hiding it behind "meritocracy must rule supreme".

That's my point, is there any such evidence?
Original post by Chief Wiggum
I'm pointing out a double standard, held by hypocrites. I couldn't care less about men in nursing. I'm not trying to help men or women.

What evidence is there that women make better nurses?

How is it a double standard?

I couldn't care, I have seen some very good male nurses.
Reply 85
Original post by yudothis
Implicitly. And hiding it behind "meritocracy must rule supreme".
You are bonkers
Original post by viffer
You are bonkers

Exactly what I am thinking of you.
I'd prefer a meritocratic society for the most part - being chosen to take a job specifically for the grounds that there's not enough 'X' of this ethnicity/gender rather than merit is just utter nonsense.
Reply 88
Original post by yudothis
How is it a double standard?

I couldn't care, I have seen some very good male nurses.
Did you campaign for more of them to redress any imbalance in the overall number?
Original post by Chief Wiggum
It always confuses me when people complain about a "lack of women" in technology careers, for example, but nobody ever complains about a "lack of men" in nursing, for example.

Seems like society is quite inconsistent on these issues.

I don't really think diversity in itself matters much, as long as the recruitment system is fair and without bias.

Western society (education, business and the legal system) is now completely sexist in favour of women.

Goodbye sweet western world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's be honest, the most popular, trending posts that aren't by celebrities tend to be made by minorities or women. I can't remember the last time I retweeted something funny or particularly relevant by a straight, white male. That's not saying that straight, white men can't produce that content, but anecdotally, they don't really produce content me or my friends typically like or retweet. So I can understand why Twitter wants to increase diversity. They need fresh, young minds that are in tune with what is popular, and if it's mainly minorities and females producing the best content, it makes sense to increase diversity.
Original post by viffer
Did you campaign for more of them to redress any imbalance in the overall number?

No, did you?
Oh how awful Twitter is still White

Exterminate the Whites

Diversity is strength..
That's a huge exaggeration lol

It isnt, "diversity" is basically anti white, being white is in some ways a negative now for a lot of things, especially if you are a male.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending