Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just been given two interviews in march for adult nursing degree at northampton and de monfort. I am 26 years old and i have a handicap. I have a neurological condition and have had a lot of neuro surgery which has left me with weakness in left arm and hand. I am still able to do everything myself and i am working on getting stronger. I am nervous that having a physical disability will have a negative effect on my interview. I cannot hold a pen for a long period, so i will need to do maths and english test on a computer or laptop so i can type, does anyone know if the english and maths test is hand written or on computer? and has anyone had an experience with having a disability and also studying nursing?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I did my interview at Derby and it was written on the day. Have you informed the university of your circumstance they may be able to allow you to do it on a computer I know Derby has the option.
    Good luck in your interview, I hope it goes well. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it wont be the uni work they can adapt it to meet your needs.. you will need to convince them that you are able to care safely for your patients. its sad to say that nursing does not look after its staff well. only you and the occupational health folks will be able to judge your abilities. in the past you would not be allowed to nurse with even minor health concerns. now they are more open minded. but there are limits. i really hope you make it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.