Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Doing Computer Science, Physics and History. (1st year)

History and Computer Science is fine im getting A's and B's in the tests i am doing, but Physics is just all over the place, i have to got U's, E's, C's and a couple of B's, I have two teachers one of them is fine but the other just cant teach and the worst is, the tests that she gives us have questions that we haven't even learnt how to do in class and i cant even find a method to the answer them in the book and if I try and ask her how to do it she gives me this look like im the dumbest person alive, I literally dread going to every lesson if I get an answer wrong or forget something from last lesson she just gets annoyed at me, I have 4 other people in my class 3 of them are really good and its actually intimidating to be in the lesson, but there is someone else who is about the same level as me.

How should i be revising for it (currently just doing questions from the book), and if I fail at the end of the 2nd year what are my options?

ReputationRep:
    I kinda have/had the same issue with chemistry. I'm in my second year and getting B's/C's, last year it was getting consistent D's/E's. Now we're doing A2 and I've gone back over the AS content, re-doing all the class tests, homework and mocks. I'm not getting A's in them. My teacher literally explains things in the dumbest way and over complicates everything! Every time I asked a question she would look at me like I was crazy, I still don't know what her problem is. The only advice I can give you is read through the textbook, CGP is really good, and do the questions they give. Also do past papers and look at the specification. My teacher literally teaches things that won't come up in the exam and I'm not okay with wasting my time on that. You could also ask the others in your class who are doing well any good websites/resources they could recommend, or talk to your other teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Dont rely on your teacher in A level , you should start off by:
    -going over what you've learnt , use a revision guide or make notes on everything you've done up till now
    -ONCE AND ONLY ONCE you understand the content , do questions , as many as you think is necessary to ensure you understand a topic
    -Reinforce your knowledge , go on YT watch revision videos , some are actually entertaining and they let you understand the content from different views
    -Go to lessons prepared , try to get ahead of your class if possible , this can be hard but this will ensure you get a good grade and dont fall behind , if you fall behind or are behind now you need to SORT it out , May sound harsh but its the best advice i can give someone in your position.
    Trying to catch up in A levels is tough and can be very stressful closer to the exams.
    -You should ask questions , if your teacher thinks your a mug for asking a question , theres clearly something wrong going on there , you should try to build a good relationship with your teacher.
    -ask your teacher what you doing next lesson , and learn it yourself at home , then go into the lesson with questions you have about the topic , your teacher will go over it , this reinforces your knowledge.
    -If you ever have any physics questions , message me id be glad to help
    hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cero70)
    Dont rely on your teacher in A level , you should start off by:
    -going over what you've learnt , use a revision guide or make notes on everything you've done up till now
    -ONCE AND ONLY ONCE you understand the content , do questions , as many as you think is necessary to ensure you understand a topic
    -Reinforce your knowledge , go on YT watch revision videos , some are actually entertaining and they let you understand the content from different views
    -Go to lessons prepared , try to get ahead of your class if possible , this can be hard but this will ensure you get a good grade and dont fall behind , if you fall behind or are behind now you need to SORT it out , May sound harsh but its the best advice i can give someone in your position.
    Trying to catch up in A levels is tough and can be very stressful closer to the exams.
    -You should ask questions , if your teacher thinks your a mug for asking a question , theres clearly something wrong going on there , you should try to build a good relationship with your teacher.
    -ask your teacher what you doing next lesson , and learn it yourself at home , then go into the lesson with questions you have about the topic , your teacher will go over it , this reinforces your knowledge.
    -If you ever have any physics questions , message me id be glad to help
    hope this helps
    Thanks appreciate the advice both of you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.